Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Scythe: The Wind Gambit» Forums » General

Subject: A smattering of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can airships carry workers?

2. Do we know any of the airship power sets (aggressive and passive), even a passing example?

3. Do we have a release date?

4. This was an instant buy when I heard the end game conditions were getting a tweak, but the one example I'm aware of (see below) seems to be the core game's approach -1, with a twist. Do we know what the others are like? Do any of them change the actual conditions from the original 6?


Thanks.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Some airship abilities allow for them to carry workers.

2. I think a few have been shared, and I'm doing a weekly design diary about them on Facebook over the next month or so. A number of them will be revealed then.

3. No, I won't know this until the game ships out of China in late September.

4. More of these will be revealed in the design diary as well, and yes, some offer a pretty big difference (though many still have a "backup" method--you'll see what I mean soon).
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes

2. I think I recall seeing something but not sure if it was users suggestions or actual examples.

3. Q4 2017

4. There will be different end game conditions.

Sorry for the telegraphic answers but this is all I know so far. I'm pretty sure Jamey or Morten will jump in and give some more feedback.

Edit: As I was writing this, Jamey got ahead of me. Here's your official answers!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toto PRN
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
1. Some airship abilities allow for them to carry workers.

2. I think a few have been shared, and I'm doing a weekly design diary about them on Facebook over the next month or so. A number of them will be revealed then.

3. No, I won't know this until the game ships out of China in late September.

4. More of these will be revealed in the design diary as well, and yes, some offer a pretty big difference (though many still have a "backup" method--you'll see what I mean soon).


Hi Jamey,

does french version will release at the same time ?

thx
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Toto: It's being made at the same time. As for the exact release date, it'll depend on what Matagot decides, but I think it will be in November/December (the English release in that same range).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helio Góes
Brazil
Serra
Espírito Santo
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
Toto: It's being made at the same time. As for the exact release date, it'll depend on what Matagot decides, but I think it will be in November/December (the English release in that same range).


Hi Jamey,

I'll ask the same question above. Does portuguese version (Brazil) will release at the same time?
In another topic you said that should have the rules typeset and ready to share in 6 weeks. Do you plan to share the rules soon?
And the last but the most important question. Will the stand be removable from the airships?

thx
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Helio: Unfortunately, Fire on Board Jogos has not decided to print any Scythe expansions.

This month I'm posting design diaries on the Scythe Facebook group about the various elements of The Wind Gambit. At the end of that series and in our August 1 e-newsletter, I'll post the full rulebook.

And yes, the stands must be removable so the airships can fit in the box.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toto PRN
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Toto: It's being made at the same time. As for the exact release date, it'll depend on what Matagot decides, but I think it will be in November/December (the English release in that same range).


ok thanks ! that's a good news.

I dont want to wait many months after the English release to get a french one(it's why i got IFA in English). On the other hand, i want to support companies bringing to us games in french.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helio Góes
Brazil
Serra
Espírito Santo
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
Helio: Unfortunately, Fire on Board Jogos has not decided to print any Scythe expansions.

This month I'm posting design diaries on the Scythe Facebook group about the various elements of The Wind Gambit. At the end of that series and in our August 1 e-newsletter, I'll post the full rulebook.

And yes, the stands must be removable so the airships can fit in the box.


A question about the tile Factory Explosion. After a player place their 5th star and the Factory explodes, if no one has the 6th star the game continues? Or ends after the explosion?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The game ends 2 rounds after the 5th or 6th star is placed, then the Factory explodes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.