Popular Tags: [View All]
Hal S.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hi, I can't seem to find the answer to this question in the rule book or by googling Arkham LCG FAQ's.

When an ally has a star symbol (*) in their name, that means that only one can be in play a the same time correct? For example, if Player A had * Leo de Luca in play as their ally, then player B cannot play theirs due to player A having theirs out?

Can someone link me their source for the clarification? I'd really appreciate this too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Mather
California
flag msg tools
OK, one time Randy Beaman had to take baths with his brother. So one time his little brother took a potty in the bathtub .....and now Randy Beaman gets to take showers alone. 'K, bye.
badge
One time, OK, see, one time Randy Beaman's little brother ate Pop Rocks and drank a soda at the same time and his head exploded! 'K, bye.
mbmbmbmbmb
Unique (pg 20)
Unique (*)

A card with the * symbol before its card title is a unique

card. There can be no more than one instance of each

unique card, by title, in play at any given time.

=A player cannot bring into play a unique card if a

copy of that card (by title) is already in play.

=If a unique encounter card that shares a title with a

unique player card would enter play, discard the player

card simultaneously as the encounter card enters play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
mbmbmbmbmb
hpark1990 wrote:
Hi, I can't seem to find the answer to this question in the rule book or by googling Arkham LCG FAQ's.

When an ally has a star symbol (*) in their name, that means that only one can be in play a the same time correct? For example, if Player A had * Leo de Luca in play as their ally, then player B cannot play theirs due to player A having theirs out?

Can someone link me their source for the clarification? I'd really appreciate this too.

Yep that's correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindgaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's explained in Rules Reference page 20, bottom Right, Unique (*)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.