Albert Alorro
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
In the Year of the Dragon: 10th Anniversary is live on Amazon for $24.22.https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06WRR8FXB/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=...
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanilla Ice
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: [Amazon Lightning Deal] In the Year of the Dragon 10th Anniversary Edition $24.22
Thanks, purchased. One of the few older Feld's I have not yet tried.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon Lightning Deal] In the Year of the Dragon 10th Anniversary Edition $24.22
nativesonx wrote:

Any quick points/reviews of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If only it could be played solo...

Thanks though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Loewen
United States
Newburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just missed out on the Notre Dame deal, so I am glad to get this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanilla Ice
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kaur wrote:
nativesonx wrote:

I know very little other than that it is more punishing than current Feld point salad releases. I tend to prefer his older games with fewer mechanics like Notre Dame, Strasbourg, Macao and am hoping this will be the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhh you got me...... restart no buying games day counter 😜
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, nice I have wanted this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eran Greenberg
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks. Seems like a good game at a great price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Alorro
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
I guess the Prime Day hangover is keeping this deal off most people's radar (20% claimed with 5+ hours to go)? I was pretty disappointed when the Notre Dame deal disappeared from my cart yesterday, after almost pulling the trigger then trying to replace Salem with Flip City in my cart. I took no chances today, clicked purchase when the clock hit 0:00 and finalized my order right away. Expected $30.00 price point instead of $24.22. A nice consolation prize to go with Kingdomino (was wait listed twice) and Salem yesterday. You never know what shows up in Amazon's Today's Deals outside every flavor of Fidget Spinners known to man. Happy Deal Hunting Hump Day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T M
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaur wrote:

It's a great game that I've played quite a few times. You have to constantly balance averting the sheer brutality of the periodic events (they don't always have to be avoided, but 90% of them should be dealt with in some way) against actually obtaining victory points (you can kind of think of this as being similar to Agricola's "feeding phase"). There's some really interesting high-level play/counterplay that gets unlocked once you've played a half-dozen times or so and found the optimal strategies. And the game doesn't take super long to play. Probably my favorite Feld game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bishop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was excited enough to get this deal that I forgot I traded for the game and mini-expansions a couple months ago... just happy to have gotten in after missing Notre Dame and the Prime Day launch madness, I suppose. Trying to decide whether to cancel, or keep for a gift... does anyone know if the Prime Day $5 promo that applied will just disappear if I cancel, or will it add itself back onto my account?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still there when I look at it. Now 33% claimed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Father Ignatius
United States
Lockhart
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just snagged a copy - it was especially cool since Amazon Preview sent me a $5 gift credit earlier this afternoon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brewdinar wrote:
I was excited enough to get this deal that I forgot I traded for the game and mini-expansions a couple months ago... just happy to have gotten in after missing Notre Dame and the Prime Day launch madness, I suppose. Trying to decide whether to cancel, or keep for a gift... does anyone know if the Prime Day $5 promo that applied will just disappear if I cancel, or will it add itself back onto my account?

Generally promotional credit cannot be refunded but Amazon has amazing customer service so if you send them a quick chat they are more than likely to give you that five dollars back anyway. But YMMV!

Also thanks for the tips everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Watson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grabbed a copy! Many thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fick
United States
Berkley
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still sitting out there. Grabbed a copy as well. Thanks for posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick ChemE
United States
Kalama
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked one up - just a few minutes to go. Thanks for posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Wizard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Picked it up just now. Nice change after trying and failing to get the Notre Dame lightning deal yesterday within a minute of the deal opening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great deal, got this on amazon a month ago for $37 or so

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the Year of the Dragon deal and the Notre Dame deal. I already own both non-anniversary editions. Can't tell if I'm a cagey shopper or a rube...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan D.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
If wishes were fishes all wrapped up in rices
badge
we'd all have a plateful of sushi.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for posting this!

Was able to add this to my Prime Day pile. With sale prices and a number of promos leading up to the sale, ended up scoring $148.32 worth of games and only spent $45 total (and still have $14.24 to spend). And that was ALL without buying anything during "the glitch."
meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha Berg
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So happy I grabbed it. Was really sad about Notre Dame being instantly gone! Makes up for the lackluster Prime Day I had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do the best deals (other than the glitch) always come right after prime day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Duke
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.