Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quest 1 - No Abomination Spawns? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
shoopy forty-five
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Ran Quest 1: Big Game Hunting last night for the second time. Changed a lot of our tactics and stayed ahead of the zombies every step of the way. Only one problem. Couldn't draw an Abomination for the life of us.

From my understanding, the win conditions are obtain all objectives, kill 1 necro, and kill 1 abombination.

We killed a necro fast (first objective was the blue one), obtained all objectives, got all the way into red danger level and 3.5 hours later still not flipping an Abomination! Did we do something wrong?

We finally got tired and cheated an abomination into the top of the deck. Killed it easily and won.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seems like bad luck to me. I'm not sure exactly how the cards break down, but there are cards in the spawn deck that spawn the standard abomination at each level. You probably just missed spawning the abomination a couple of times. I've played many games where a survivor levels up to yellow during the survivor phase and then during the zombie phase we draw the card that spawns the abomination in blue. Next time just be sure to play with To-me Ku-pa instead of the standard necromancer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Or any of the special abominations, or just one or two of the cards and you can spawn a regular abomination with one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
M√ľnchen
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
mbmbmbmbmb
That's probably bad luck, I've spawned countless abominations in blue. To be sure you could wait to pick up the objektives after you defeated the necromancer. The colored objective should spawn an abomination right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenbrain wrote:
That's probably bad luck, I've spawned countless abominations in blue. To be sure you could wait to pick up the objektives after you defeated the necromancer. The colored objective should spawn an abomination right?

Nope, there are some missions like that but Mission #1 BGH isn't one of them. The blue mission token when revealed spawns a necromancer. There isn't a mission token for an abomination (though you could add one--why not?).

That said, I agree with the "bad luck" as I've played this mission quite a few times with different groups introducing them to the game and we have always had the abom spawn with no extra add-ons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, if there is already a Necro on the board when you find the lab (blue Objective), then you do spawn an Abomination in that quest.

Honestly, I reckon they should have written this as activating if you already killed a Necromancer rather than only if there was one on the board already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Actually, if there is already a Necro on the board when you find the lab (blue Objective), then you do spawn an Abomination in that quest.

Honestly, I reckon they should have written this as activating if you already killed a Necromancer rather than only if there was one on the board already.

Agreed, I always thought spawning a necromancer in that zone was kind of odd since they aren't terribly difficult to kill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shoopy forty-five
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone. Sounds like weird luck. It really dragged the game out, we could've won at least an hour earlier.. maybe more. Ironically, the previous time we ran it, we drew a blue danger Abomination first turn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.