Keimpe Visser
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Apart from the extra leadership, my mates and I never use the Black Captain. We think the disadvantage of Gothmog not entering play when the Black Captain is, plus the immediate removal of Gothmog his die is too big of a disadvantage.

What are your thoughts about the Black Captain? What is the advantage of him being in play, apart from the 1 extra leadership?

The Black captain also activates all free peoples nations. shake

We see no great advantage of playing him at all in the game. We always choose the Chief. Even after 10 games, we see no advantage.
I understand that possibly the black captain is a late game witch king. But why would you spend a muster die to change him?

I would love to hear your thoughts about the matter,

Kind regards,
Keimpe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Poulter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
His card cycling is better for a military strategy. Also you may not be able to play the Chief version early if the fellowship is moving well so getting him instead for the extra dice can be crucial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
The power of the card cycling is really hard to overstate. In any sort of military strategy its a big advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But his card cycling is not purely militarily oriented either. Many players consciously use Character Combat Events with him so as to cycle through that deck - you can usually drain the entire deck in this fashion. This ensures you can get at all the nastier character events and special Hunt Tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keimpe Visser
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb

Thank you for your answers.

In short the Black Captain is a war-ringwraith.
He can cycle through cards easier than the other.
His leadership is 2 instead of 1 .

Thank you.

Although i truly believe Gothmog is a good addition to the dice,
concerning wars.

Keimpe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.