Popular Tags: [View All]
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy in and set it up last night. It doesn't specifically mention anything about the different coloured gems in the rule book. Are they all to be treated the same and coloured just for flavour or is there a gameplay rational for the variety?

I also noticed some of the card backs are visibly darker than others. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gems: Colours are just prettiness - they are only there are markers.

Cards: Yes, my cards also had poor QA on the backs and they are variable colours. Not good but doesn't kill the game as a large batch of them have the darker backs so you should struggle to remember which came from where.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I thought it was a bit thematic with the card backs. Fitting with the used/handled art. Also there seems to be no pattern to card types e.g. the finalè cards have different shades.

This seems to add a slight premonition aspect for certain events but I avoided looking too closely. It did make me double take but nothing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My cards are also not perfectly same-color backs, and I found one with a fairly blotchy mark... but I find it very easy to just ignore. Enough cards... as long as it isn't one of the special ones... and even then, just don't focus on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.