Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason La Mar
United States
hayward
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's just me but I don't think this game is worth $80. Sure in a bit it will be discounted online, ect. ect... but I tend to want support my local shop and they charge MSRP for games...

I know it probably has to do with the tins and IP but to me it feels more like a $60 game and not $80... maybe I'm old and out with the times, but the price makes this game a hard pass for me (until I find it at a better price)

The reason for this post Isn't just to vent... please let me know what you think of the price....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leperchan5 wrote:
Maybe it's just me but I don't think this game is worth $80. Sure in a bit it will be discounted online, ect. ect... but I tend to want support my local shop and they charge MSRP for games...

I know it probably has to do with the tins and IP but to me it feels more like a $60 game and not $80... maybe I'm old and out with the times, but the price makes this game a hard pass for me (until I find it at a better price)

The reason for this post Isn't just to vent... please let me know what you think of the price....

Weird...I was surprised that it's not a $100 MSRP game. CMON is in the upper end of the prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CMON games do get up there in price, but usually there are some pretty good components. Looking at some of their other games, I see that Zombiecide season 1 is $90 MSRP.

Blood Rage, which is a pretty close comparison in size & scope to Godfather also has an $80 MSRP. Blood Rage has 46 minis while Godfather only has 34, but Godfather also has some nice plastic tokens & the suitcase tins. Also, we might need to consider licensing fees for the Godfather IP (but I don't claim to know very much about that).

I feel like the MSRP is in step with their other stuff. I admit I'd like it better at $70 than $80, but I preordered through Miniature Market for around that number. Overall I think it's a tad high, but I also think I'm going to LOVE this game & after a few plays I doubt I'll regret the purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im sort of with you on this.....I would have waited for it to drop, even just 10-15 bucks, but I figured if my LGS was going to get it for me with that CMON Play thing 2 weeks early, I may as well spend that 10-15 bucks on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-F Audy
Canada
Chambly
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game at 68.95$ CAN in Canada. That means that you should find it at $55 in the US, which is a good price IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ill gladly spend 80 plus taxes to have the game tomorrow morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JFAudy wrote:
I bought the game at 68.95$ CAN in Canada. That means that you should find it at $55 in the US, which is a good price IMHO.

Woo-hoo! (401!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Grant

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JFAudy wrote:

I preordered the game for $62 in the US. Seems like a fair price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Relph
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JFAudy wrote:

Do you actually have it in hand or just pre-ordered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassill
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to prices for board games in Australia...if you are lucky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the game in hand now.
If you FLGS is part of CMON Play, they should have copies today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MilkFromACow wrote:
I have the game in hand now.
If you FLGS is part of CMON Play, they should have copies today.

Stay right there...I'm coming over...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-F Audy
Canada
Chambly
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Washtali wrote:
JFAudy wrote:

Do you actually have it in hand or just pre-ordered?

In hand, I received my pre-ordered copy yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
I got mine for $64. Noticed a lot of different online stores have it below MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Savoy Lord
France
antony
flag msg tools
mb
I paid 75 euros in my local dealer.

I think like the author of this thread that its too expansive.
This game should have been a Kickstarter with stretch goals such are more job cards(and more various fx), more ally cards, double sided board etc. to improve replayability and component quality.

The minis are nice, but the plastic markers could have been better. More different illustrations on job cards etc. More secret agendas (like in blood rage...) etc.

I hope for an expansion with all of this for a sweet price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.