Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francis Dombrecht
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all

I am excited...almost august.

Is everything on schedule what concerns the release of this expansion?
Can we buy it the 1st of August, when it is supposed to come out?

Because i live in Europe i will have to wait a bit longer on my copy of the expansion. So when will the rulebook be available on the wizkids site or the internet? So I already can read and see the new content.

Greetings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious about this, too.
Last year, the base game arrived at my place on August 12th. Maybe the expansion will be out at the same time this year?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a picture of the box of the expansion (you have to scroll down quite a bit on the page) :

http://trekmovie.com/2017/07/31/sdcc17-star-trek-merch-moebi...

On the sign it says "August 2017". I hope it's coming soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Dombrecht
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you Marcel

It is the first time i see an image of the new content. quite a large box.

Happy to read "which arrives in August"!

Today?

greetings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked with my local friendly gameshop website and unfortunately they won't ever have it in stock

Hoping it'll be available in Belgium soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah what happened to this? There is no mention of it being at Gen Con?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I find the premise of this post ridiculous. So they can only put stuff in the game that has happened in the tv shows or movies? Huh?

That is extremely derivative, and essentially the opposite of what Trek is about.

Parks had created an original story that blends Kirk and Khan with TNG. Sign me up, please. And it's at least as believable as 75% of established canon.

I swear, Trek fans are impossible to please, and will be the death of the franchise.

(If you just don't like Kirk and Khan, like I don't like holodeck episodes, that's cool, please disregard my post.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baylor Peak
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I don't understand your outrage. This post is simply asking when will the expansion come out.

I do agree with you though, a lot of people seem to forget what Trek is about and that along with trying to conform Trek to a PC universe will indeed be the death of the Franchise.

So if Andrew Parks can keep what I love about Trek alive through this brilliant Boardgame, then that is shall it will be.

I do hope the expansion comes soon because it's all I've been thinking about since I read the announcement. I can't wait to see how Andrew blends in Kirk and crew with the 24th century and that he is using one of my favorite movies of all time, for direct inspiration🤠

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Dombrecht
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Hi

My post was indeed just asking when the expansion came out. Nothing more...

Just like Baylor i also hope the expansion comes soon.
Not because of the narrative, the story or the background of the Star Trek universe. Not to know how Kirk or Khan will blend in.
I am not a Trekkie. In fact (shame on me) i barely know who Khan is.

My reason is because this is a fantastic game witch is in fact a game system with very good mechanics and a huge amount of possibilities to play.
I am very, very curious to see how new content and mechanics will be added and fit in. How this game system even becomes richer and will expands more.
How the puzzle will become greater by the new puzzle pieces added, and that my brains will even have to think more to play optimal.

For example: but probably not in this expansion, the concept of "pursuit" and "ambush". These definitions you can find in the Mage Knight expansion "Shades of Tezla".

This simple adjustment in the rules about rampaging enemies change their behavior immense, and does the player change his whole gameplay a lot. Because the rampaging enemies will chase you (pursuit), or will attack you when you come to close (provoked within 2 spaces).
This is just an example though.
The day when they will add this to Star Trek Frontiers, the game will become even more epic than it is now.

Or the new map sites... so curious to see which will be the new sites and what they do!

Greetings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Michael put his post in the wrong thread by mistake. It would fit better in this one:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1758323/non-canon-please-do...

On Amazon in the USA, the expansion is listed for September, 1st.

https://www.amazon.com/WizKids-72863-Frontiers-Return-Expans...

I hope, we'll also get a release date for europe, soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baylor Peak
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
cis321 wrote:
In fact (shame on me) i barely know who Khan is.

OK, well you need to go watch The Wrath of Khan right now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Winterflood
England
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cis321 wrote:
Hi

My post was indeed just asking when the expansion came out. Nothing more...

Just like Baylor i also hope the expansion comes soon.
Not because of the narrative, the story or the background of the Star Trek universe. Not to know how Kirk or Khan will blend in.
I am not a Trekkie. In fact (shame on me) i barely know who Khan is.

My reason is because this is a fantastic game witch is in fact a game system with very good mechanics and a huge amount of possibilities to play.
I am very, very curious to see how new content and mechanics will be added and fit in. How this game system even becomes richer and will expands more.
How the puzzle will become greater by the new puzzle pieces added, and that my brains will even have to think more to play optimal.

For example: but probably not in this expansion, the concept of "pursuit" and "ambush". These definitions you can find in the Mage Knight expansion "Shades of Tezla".

This simple adjustment in the rules about rampaging enemies change their behavior immense, and does the player change his whole gameplay a lot. Because the rampaging enemies will chase you (pursuit), or will attack you when you come to close (provoked within 2 spaces).
This is just an example though.
The day when they will add this to Star Trek Frontiers, the game will become even more epic than it is now.

Or the new map sites... so curious to see which will be the new sites and what they do!

Greetings

Nothing stopping you adding "pursuit" and "ambush" right now to your games. I was looking at Shades of Tezla and thinking there were a few things in that that wouldn't be hard to convert while we wait for them to publish the Trek version of the expansion in a year or two. Borg Queen anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Maniac wrote:
I think Michael put his post in the wrong thread by mistake. It would fit better in this one:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1758323/non-canon-please-do...

On Amazon in the USA, the expansion is listed for September, 1st.

https://www.amazon.com/WizKids-72863-Frontiers-Return-Expans...

I hope, we'll also get a release date for europe, soon.

Maniac is right; thanks for that. Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread. My deep apologies, OP, and the rest of you as well.

Definitely looking forward to this expansion, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Bohde
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiz Kids website has a news post announcing this expansion dated today... and their product page for this expansion lists November 2017.

Was it changed, or has it always listed Nov?

https://wizkids.com/star-trek-frontiers-the-return-of-khan-e...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baylor Peak
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Bohde8781 wrote:
Wiz Kids website has a news post announcing this expansion dated today... and their product page for this expansion lists November 2017.

Was it changed, or has it always listed Nov?

https://wizkids.com/star-trek-frontiers-the-return-of-khan-e...

No, it was originally August, but I guess it's been delayed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Dombrecht
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Happy that we know a lot more about the expansion!

Yes, it's release is november but now we know. I'll be patient.

It is written:
"...this all-new expansion brings the same level of content to Star Trek - Frontiers that Lost Legion brought to the world wide hit, Mage Knight"

Wow, if this is true surprise wow

My question now is: If the rules become available, can someone then let it know on this forum?
At the wizkids sides there is a link to download the rules but it isn't operational for the moment.
When does wizkids release its rules before the game effectively comes out?

Greetings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baylor Peak
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Yes, I'm very excited but I was hoping to get it sooner because my gaming time will be limited in November

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pushed to December? KHHHHHHHHHHHHANNNNNNN!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Masonsmith
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolstuff now lists it as a Jan 2018 release :cry:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tehnbar wrote:
Coolstuff now lists it as a Jan 2018 release cry

Good gods. Guess I'll cancel the preorder. Thanks for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Dombrecht
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all

Somebody knows when we can buy this expansion?
Has somebody specific information about this?
Its already 5 december...
I guess Khan is returning from a galaxy far, far away... whistle

far...

Greetings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prisoner of Conscience
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
cis321 wrote:
Hi all

Somebody knows when we can buy this expansion?
Has somebody specific information about this?
Its already 5 december...
I guess Khan is returning from a galaxy far, far away... whistle

far...

Greetings

Two posts above yours...

Tehnbar wrote:
Coolstuff now lists it as a Jan 2018 release cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael D
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools

Wizkids website links to an Amazon link that now shows a 'in stock' date of Feb 28, 2018

Guess I too am dropping my pre-order i made last July. Date keeps getting pushed further and further out. cry

As the old 60's song goes: 'In the year 2525, man gets to play Star Trek: Frontiers – The Return of Khan '

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Dombrecht
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Michael D

Maybe to see this in a positive way...

The second expansion for Star Trek frontiers will probably be released soon after the first one comes out.

Probably

Greetings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Bohde
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WizKids now shows it as January 2018 release on their page, but since it's been a while since I've taken a look there, not sure when that changed. Pretty sure in December, it still said Nov 2017.

Though Amazon now lists it as Feb 1 release... but since it's from one of their 3rd party sellers, I don't put a lot of trust into their dates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.