Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Lambert
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just ordered Treasure Hunter for $13 from Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lambsoft wrote:

You'd have been much better posting to the existing thread: [US] Amazon - Treasure Hunter $14 (DEAD-ish).

Also, if it was a new announcement, you really should have included the Amazon link and the BGG game link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Robinson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The old thread is marked dead and it's OP is nowhere in sight. This posting is ok.

However, you should put a link to the deal in your post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lambert
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here is the link to the item on Amazon for those who need it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016MLRGO8/ref=sxts_1?ie=UTF8...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lambert
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
The link to the bgg page :

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/182189/treasure-hunter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lambsoft wrote:

People sure are finicky around here about thread etiquette. I think it's awesome that you saw a deal and posted it in here.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaur wrote:
lambsoft wrote:

People sure are finicky around here about thread etiquette. I think it's awesome that you saw a deal and posted it in here.

Thank you!

I suppose some people don't think it's awesome that this deal has been posted over and over for the past 8 months.

No, I'm not actually being hyperbolic. This game is part of the Queen "sale" that's been happening on Amazon since December 2016.

In any case, it's always good to politely point people to the thread rules. Granted, it's not always done politely, but of late the aggressive reactions to "forum police" have been far more rude than the people suggesting improvements to posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
Kaur wrote:
lambsoft wrote:

Thank you!

I suppose some people don't think it's awesome that this deal has been posted over and over for the past 8 months.

No, I'm not actually being hyperbolic. This game is part of the Queen "sale" that's been happening on Amazon since December 2016.

In any case, it's always good to politely point people to the thread rules. Granted, it's not always done politely, but of late the aggressive reactions to "forum police" have been far more rude than the people suggesting improvements to posts.

I feel like this is getting a little too into minutiae but considering you "quoted" me, I feel compelled to respond.

I'm new to BGG and only recently started posting in forums and countless times I've seen people nitpick over the smallest things, to what purpose? I guess now it's my turn.

I went to the Hot Deals Rule page, this is what it says:
-----
A Hot Deal posting HAS:
1. A price.
2. A Region or virtual platform in the subject line ([US], [Global], [Kansas City, MO, USA], [iOS/Android/PC/Mac], etc.)
3. A descriptive subject line that includes: retailer and price or discount percentage.
4. A board game or board game related item for sale.
----

NOWHERE does it say include a BGG link or the retailer link. Now, it's definitely common practice, so some could consider it a de facto rule, but it's not technically one. Also, sometimes people are posting from their phone or they just don't have the time to insert multiple links. So is it really that big a deal that OP didn't? I mean it's really not that hard to go to Amazon or BGG and type in the name of the game.

TL;DR: Link posting isn't a Hot Deal rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaur wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
Kaur wrote:
lambsoft wrote:

Thank you!

I never said it was. ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
Kaur wrote:
lambsoft wrote:

Thank you!

I'm sure it's about the attitude about caring if the deal breaks the "rules" or not. I follow these posts faithfully and I had had it with the "polite corrections" a couple years ago. I simply don't care if the person posting the deal broke the rules or not. So I wasted 30 seconds reading, so what? I'm tired of reading the corrections - because the problem never ends and never will end. Just go with the flow and live with it instead of making people feel like $*&@.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More minutia cry But okay - see italics

Misterboy wrote:
Kaur wrote:
Misterboy wrote:

In any case, it's always good to politely point people to the thread rules.

I never said it was. ??

Also, yes to the person above me. It's mostly the attitude I have a problem with. In the end, don't we just want to score a hot deal! See what I did there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lambsoft wrote:

Just snagged a like new Barenpark on ebay for 36 total! I like oversharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
Floral Park
NY - New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks OP, ordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaur wrote:
More minutia cry But okay - see italics

Misterboy wrote:
Kaur wrote:
Misterboy wrote:

In any case, it's always good to politely point people to the thread rules.

I never said it was. ??

Also, yes to the person above me. It's mostly the attitude I have a problem with. In the end, don't we just want to score a hot deal! See what I did there.

I understand how you misunderstood my post. I was just correcting you.

Seems like you want to argue for arguing's sake. Please take a look at my post again.

I don't have time to be turned into the "Hot Deals Police" scapegoat. But it is worth pointing out that the antagonism is, once again, coming from people who claim they don't like forum antagonism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christopher
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is an incredible price for this game. Thanks for posting OP! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Ferguson
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaur wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
Kaur wrote:
lambsoft wrote:

Thank you!

I feel like this is getting a little too into minutiae but considering you "quoted" me, I feel compelled to respond.

I'm new to BGG and only recently started posting in forums and countless times I've seen people nitpick over the smallest things, to what purpose? I guess now it's my turn.

I went to the Hot Deals Rule page, this is what it says:
-----
A Hot Deal posting HAS:
1. A price.
2. A Region or virtual platform in the subject line ([US], [Global], [Kansas City, MO, USA], [iOS/Android/PC/Mac], etc.)
3. A descriptive subject line that includes: retailer and price or discount percentage.
4. A board game or board game related item for sale.
----

NOWHERE does it say include a BGG link or the retailer link. Now, it's definitely common practice, so some could consider it a de facto rule, but it's not technically one. Also, sometimes people are posting from their phone or they just don't have the time to insert multiple links. So is it really that big a deal that OP didn't? I mean it's really not that hard to go to Amazon or BGG and type in the name of the game.

Because of the nature of board gaming, I think this community tends to be lot more particular about the particulars. They're good people, but it often doesn't translate in the friendliest manner through forums. Welcome to BGG, by the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man , I never seen so much time wasted so bad.

Maybe there should be a Discussing Not-Really-So-Hot-Deals-Because-They've-Already-Been-Pseudo-Posted-At-Some-Point-In-The-Lingering-Past thread that can point to THIS thread, for those that wish to explore the hauntingly strange nuances of this already nicely niche hobby...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Robinson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
blindsorrow wrote:

Maybe there should be a Discussing Not-Really-So-Hot-Deals-Because-They've-Already-Been-Pseudo-Posted-At-Some-Point-In-The-Lingering-Past thread that can point to THIS thread, for those that wish to explore the hauntingly strange nuances of this already nicely niche hobby...

Perhaps there could be an electronic ticker tape showing the best current prices of popular and hot games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad Thoughts wrote:
blindsorrow wrote:

Perhaps there could be an electronic ticker tape showing the best current prices of popular and hot games.

I stopped getting involved at all because of being uncomfortable with all the rules. Can't keep up with them. (I am sure something I wrote here is wrong).

Vicky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
thor1 wrote:
Bad Thoughts wrote:
blindsorrow wrote:

I stopped getting involved at all because of being uncomfortable with all the rules. Can't keep up with them. (I am sure something I wrote here is wrong).

Vicky

Seriously Vicky...I beg you post. If you have information that allows me to get game X at a decent discount: you've succeeded in the eyes of those that are here looking for good pricing. Each passing year, I get more disinterested in trying to keep up with those that are so hellbent on small details that they miss the main goal. I've blocked some of the hot deal power players and it's much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never played this game before until just today when I downloaded the app. This is such a neat card drafting game that I'm having trouble stopping. Richard Garfield really knows how to take simple concepts and maximize the fun factor.

Worth it if you have prime or a $25 order (which I believe is Amazon's new free shipping threshold).

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiger Mermidon
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks OP! Finally finally pulled the trigger and bought one. Thanks for posting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Elliott
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- in regards to people such as Ted Marshall - wish people like you would stop. I want to read new deals, or what believe them to be. Your type of nitpicking and rules layering discourages that. Stop assuming to know how people like me want to read these posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Don't worry about it. The only person on this site that can tell you you are "wrong" is Octavian. The rest are just voices in the wind with suggestions, not rules.

Post what you think is a Hot Deal and if you hear from Octavian, then change it for next time. If you don't, then carry on.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.