Terraforming Mars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roland Radnai
Hungary
flag msg tools
Hi,

These questions may already exist, but I couldn't find them, that is why I decided to start a new thread.

Q1: According to the Rules, every city gives points to the VPs equal to the greeneries adjacent to it. But what about the cities out of the planet? They give 0 VP, because it is not possible to place greenery next to them?

Q2: According to the rules the special tiles don't give a VP at the end, although they should be marked with a marker of the owner. Why? Okay, it looks cool, but totally useless, unless it counts to the VP - but it is not mentioned in the rulebook.

Thanks in advance!

R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Casey
msg tools
mbmbmb
Q1: You are correct. They touch 0 greeneries so score no points there. Don't forget to score any points on the card though

Q2: It matters for placement restrictions. There is a caRd in the corporate era deck that requires you place it's tile next to one of your own existing tiles. Also, greeneries must be placed next to one of your existing tiles if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, all owned tiles (everything but oceans) count toward the Landlord award.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Radnai
Hungary
flag msg tools
Oh, yeah, I totally forgot the award Landlord! Thank you guys for the realy quick answers, and yeah, this is a cool game! I simply love it! 😊
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmb
Special tile placements also collect placement bonuses, and can be used to block other players' plans.

The two offworld cities count toward VP per city, VP per jovian tag, mayor milestone, landlord award, pets .. lots of ways to contribute to VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talmanes wrote:
Special tile placements also collect placement bonuses, and can be used to block other players' plans.

The two offworld cities count toward VP per city, VP per jovian tag, mayor milestone, landlord award, pets .. lots of ways to contribute to VP.

With VP per jovian tag it's the card that counts and not the city. The advantages of the cards themselves are clear - 3vp and 1 titanium production for phobos space haven, 1vp per jovian tag for Ganymede colony (and of course the tag itself is good if you have other per-jovian cards).

The benefits of actually placing the city are less clear sometimes, but as you say they can exist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.