Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Sherman
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if anyone posted recently, but has there been any update on a release of the app? I hope it will released around Gen Con but haven't heard anything in a long while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ash tekka
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Last year at gencon they had a demo on a tablet of an early build and it looked great. I had thought it was supposed to be out February of this but I've not heard anything else. Hopefully I'll remember to ask them at gencon when I'm there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What exactly is the App supposed to do? Does it take the place of a player, or something else?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBPb_jzCRgs

Here's where you have alook at it.
It replaces the tracking sheet with all automated and implemented rules.

It reduces to 0 the errors an agent can do, speeds up the gameplay, tracks information for after game review, shows available moves and triggered "events" (last seen token or items used) and as a plus it's gorgeous.

I'm waiting this from veeeeeeeery long but since the PLAid Hat merge there's no news on this......

Edited: I just realized the video is a year old and in the end it's mentioned to be released... somewhere in the months
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andrea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmb
I'm wondering if there's been a fall out between Emerson Matsuuchi and Plaid Hat Games. He created both the Crossroads app (which was pulled from the App Store) and the Spectre Ops beta. He also designed Century: Spice Road, which was targeted as a release from Plaid Hat Games prior to the Asmodee acquisition.

I'm hoping this is more about Asmodee and not a burnt bridge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Huuuze wrote:
I'm wondering if there's been a fall out between Emerson Matsuuchi and Plaid Hat Games. He created both the Crossroads app (which was pulled from the App Store) and the Spectre Ops beta. He also designed Century: Spice Road, which was targeted as a release from Plaid Hat Games prior to the Asmodee acquisition.

I'm hoping this is more about Asmodee and not a burnt bridge.

Not at all. If there had been a falling out, I don't think this would be coming soon.

Crossfire
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmb
JBMoby wrote:
Not at all. If there had been a falling out, I don't think this would be coming soon.

Crossfire

I hope you're right. However, my understanding is that Crossfire was developed years ago and it's possible Plaid Hat already owned the rights to it.

It'd be great if Emerson would chime in here to talk about the state of both apps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He did make a statement in the other thread about this.

Quote:
First, I’d like to put forth an apology to the fans. I know that I have not been doing a very good job of keeping you informed on the development of the app. I’d like to tell you everything that’s been going on, unfortunately I can’t divulge ‘everything’ that I’d like to say. At Gen Con of last year, I had shown a Pre-Beta version of the Specter OPS app. I was very excited to give the fans a glimpse of what I had been working on. During that Gen Con (and since), several incredible opportunities had been presented to me. I had been asked to work on a game for Arcane Wonders, CMON, and several projects with Plaid Hat Games. With Century/Caravan, I was also asked to expand the system to make it a trilogy of games that did something that hasn’t been done before. Plan B had ambitious plans for the series. I was also presented with an opportunity to work on a game from the designer I hold in the highest regard (I wish I could say more). And as a fledgling designer (no matter what people say, I still new to this industry) it’s really, REALLY hard to say ‘no’ to these opportunities. With those opportunities come deadlines. I had also purchased a new home in December and still trying to sell the old home. Renovating the new home and fixing up the old one has taken a lot more time than expected. And I’ve fallen behind schedule on several projects. Now I’m trying to get myself back on track. I’m fortunate that the companies that have been working with have been incredibly understanding. But with all of these projects on my plate, the Specter OPS app has got relegated to the back of the queue unfortunately. Now, I’m not presenting this as an excuse for my poor communication of the long delays. Rather it was to be transparent on everything that has been going on at Nazca Games HQ.

I hope folks understand that this is a passion project. The app was never meant to be something profitable. In fact I’ve been told it will not be very profitable at all. But I’m still determined to work on the app because I want to support the game and the fans behind it.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1693782/what-happened-app
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sherman
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rabidwolf wrote:
Last year at gencon they had a demo on a tablet of an early build and it looked great. I had thought it was supposed to be out February of this but I've not heard anything else. Hopefully I'll remember to ask them at gencon when I'm there.

Keep us updated, any sort of time frame would be great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
mb
I've followed most of the threads, and Jeff quoted Emmerson's most recent comment on it. Emmerson went quiet for some time, but this was his most recent comment, not too long ago.

The app is simply a side project that he's doing. He's busy with Crossroads, and now I assume the Specter Ops expansion. From the sound of it he may even have more going on.

So chances are we aren't going to get a release date for the App. I hope it's still in development, but it's not clear when it'll be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
The saddest part is that both apps are basically completed.. the missing release is a pure mistery!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Evins
msg tools
Any news lately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sherman
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I've heard yet, maybe they're pulling a Fantasy flight model and going to announce it a week before it's available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Barnes
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really,,REEEEAAALLLYY hoping there will be some good news soon about the Specter Ops companion app releasing soon.

Really

Really

Hoping!

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Churchill
United States
Platte City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archangel6 wrote:
Really,,REEEEAAALLLYY hoping there will be some good news soon about the Specter Ops companion app releasing soon.

Really

Really

Hoping!

cool

I concur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boombastix
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
They playin'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An app will be a necessity with the upcoming standalone expansion. So many cameras and pets and other vision methods means much more room for error. I already screw up enough in the base game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Indeed... any possible news would be welcome.

We're left here hanging with no new information whatsoever.

I understand Emerson is deep with so many new games coming from him alone in 2018 but.. at least a word.. anything...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trogdor The Burninator
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've emailed Emerson and Plaid Hat Games and will send updates here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1862071/dear-plaid-hat-i-re...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sherman
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrackTheSky wrote:
I've emailed Emerson and Plaid Hat Games and will send updates here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1862071/dear-plaid-hat-i-re...

Thanks! Keep us posted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.