6 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Upgrade firning arc and secondary weapon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Jostby
Sweden
flag msg tools
Sorry for stupid questions but got confused When I read x-Wing lists.
1: how many card can you ad to a pilot (the rules says two, correct?)
2: do I ned to by extra gunner or weapon uppgrade card to use secondary weapon or do I automaticly roll an extra roll of Dice?
3: Why does some ships hade mixed firing arc, Both rund circle and triangle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Yates
United States
Olsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. As far as I know it's limited to the number of icons in the upgrade bar plus a modification upgrade and/or title. So, whatever you see in that bar, you can have one upgrade of each symbol type for each symbol that you see plus the modification and/or title.

2. A secondary weapon is another attack option. You can either use primary or secondary unless something specifies otherwise. Many secondary weapons will have special conditions such as use a target lock or focus to activate.

3. Ships with larger firing arcs (such as the circle for 360 degree turrets like the Millenium Falcon) still have a front primary firing arc for secondary weapons like torpedoes. Also certain upgrade cards specify "in (or out) of firing arc", in these cases you would use the triangle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
to clarify 2) further
each ship/pilot card only comes with its primary weapon
to fire another weapon you must buy the relevant upgrade card, be it missiles/torpedoes/cannon/bomb/turret weapon etc.
some of these are one use only as you must discard them to fire (missiles/bombs/torpedoes), the others you can use freely each turn.
note that secondary weapons will mostly always fire through the front firing arc (printed triangle), even if normally the ship can fire 360 or has an auxiliary fire arc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krรผger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3. To be very specific and expand on Stefan's reply: Note that the circular thing is not a "firing arc". The rules for the ship will state that it can fire outside its firing arc, and the round symbol reminds you of that. This is important for some upgrades which refer to firing arcs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Becker
United States
Yardley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And no, you don't need a gunner to use the secondary weapons. The gunner just allows you to try a second shot if (and only if) the first shot misses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Jostby
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thank you all for the answers ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Š
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.