Eldritch Horror: Strange Remnants» Forums » Rules

Subject: Syzygy and In Cosmic Alignment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Metal Rabbit
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi

Just had first game with Remnants (added to base game and Forsaken Lore). We wanted to include the Adventure, so we chose Syzygy and the In Cosmic Alignment Prelude - and were astonished when the last part of the Prelude said:

-----
If Syzygy is not the Ancient One, set aside all Cosmic Alignment Adventures; then draw the Discovery of a Cosmic Syzygy Adventure and spawn 1 Gate.
-----

In other words, if you play Syzygy AND the Prelude, you DO NOT include the Adventure!

Am I reading this right, that the Cosmic Alignment Adventures only happen if the Prelude is included and an Ancient One other than Syzygy is selected?

Many thanks, Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelvin C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
metal_rabbit wrote:
Am I reading this right, that the Cosmic Alignment Adventures only happen if the Prelude is included and an Ancient One other than Syzygy is selected?

That is correct.

They probably did this to set it in accordance to the 'side board' system, where the Prelude gives you more incentive than just bringing in the board/the deck. It also allows you to do the adventures.

But if the AO faced is the one that calls in the board/deck, then the adventure is not included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Metal Rabbit
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks. I thought it was me misreading the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.