Subject: And Yet Another Shoe Drops rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-was-russian-money-launder...

Oh remember the lawyer who met with Donny Junior? Well, apparently she represents the family of Pyotr Katsyv, the former vice governor of the Moscow region, whose son, Denis, owns the real-estate company Prevezon.

Prevezon was accused of laundering millions of dollars through New York City real estate.

Well, coincidentally (cough), the case was unexpectedly settled two days before going to trial in May.

By the Department of Justice headed by Jeff Sessions. Yes, the same Jeff Sessions involved in Russian contacts.

Yes, the lawyer is the same lawyer that met with Donny Junior.

Yes, it involves money laundering. Yes, in fact, Prevezon has ties to a $230 million Russian tax-fraud scheme and the Russian lawyer Sergei Magnitsky, whose suspicious death aroused international media attention and spurred the passage of the Magnitsky Act in 2012.

Yes, that's right. The same Magnitsky Act that both Donny Junior and the lawyer agreed came up in their meeting.

I'm sure this is just yet another unfortunate coincidence that Kellyanne Conaway will have flashcards to explain shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lola Granola
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I ran across this article today about Trump and Russian money laundering. It's long and I haven't gotten all the way through it yet, but it sure feels like these levels are going deep.

https://newrepublic.com/article/143586/trumps-russian-laundr...

(I also am not too familiar with New Republic and if they are considered trust worthy or overly biased, apologies if sharing something deemed exceedingly slanted.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
Sue, that is a lot of dots being connected together there.

It certainly looks fishy.

It is amazing that the Repubs in Congress [& Senate] are not just as appalled as we are by Trump's conniving with the US's main long term enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Guess who was in charge of case against Prevezon? Fired US Attorney Preet Bharara. Funny how you see the same names coming up in connection with shady Trump shit.

I mean, it's not exactly "ha ha" funny, more "Oh my god they're going to loot this country and undermine our democracy" funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:

It is amazing that the Repubs in Congress [& Senate] are not just as appalled as we are by Trump's conniving with the US's main long term enemy.

Some Republicans are "troubled".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:

I actually imagine that a fair number of them are appalled. They just don't think it's in their political interest to show or act on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:

Some Republicans are "troubled".

That's why I refuse to brag about sexually assaulting women or colluding with corrupt foreign powers. Do that and you run the risk of Paul Ryan shaking his head slightly, or, worse yet, calling it 'a shame' on Twitter before refusing to ever discuss it again and then going on like nothing happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The article, although cursory with specific details, seems to put together a reasonable statement about Trumps relations with Russians, and I suspect they can fill in all the details, they are just not revealed in this short article. And it would seem many of the Russians he knows, or that know of his properties, are somewhat "shady" characters.

A well done article, and one that deserves more attention, and scrutiny. Perhaps this is why Trump has failed to release his taxes, they might show ties (although likely indirectly) to Russians.

The fact that he is so cozy with them, in itself, deserves careful scrutiny. There is something driving that benevolence toward all things Russian, and I suspect that, in the long run, those connections will be exposed, if not thru government investigations, thru private investigations. At this point, there is simply too much info (connecting him to Russians) to ignore, or pass off as coincidence.

The smoke cloud is building, and the fire has started. Investigation will provide it the oxygen it needs to burn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When do you think someone relevant is going to decide that we probably should take a look at Trump's tax returns?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Miniapples
Minisoda
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
The grift also continues when looking eastward.

Trump conflict of interest concerns over links with law firm run by Philippine government official

Quote:
Trump is opening a skyscraper in Manila, a project built by Jose EB Antonio, a Filipino developer who was named as special trade envoy to Washington last year, meaning the US president’s family and a Philippine government appointee are business partners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Then there's this:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/republican-donor-kills-hi...

No foul play indeed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:

Are you insinuating that... Killary had him executed?!

Her murdering spree continues...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:

Are you insinuating that... Killary had him executed?!

Her murdering spree continues...

Yes....Hillary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-jr-meeting-natal...

Hmmmm.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:

He tripped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-jr-counteri...

From another source, confirming that at least two other people were present at Trump Jr's meeting, that were not mentioned by Trump Jr., in his effort to come clean about the meeting. And the 2nd person referenced in the article is still unnamed, apparently. Time will tell who it was, but again, why fail to mention their presence in the meeting, if you are going to come clean about it anyway? Just another case of dripping out only what is required, AFTER being found out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Martin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They profiled the Mueller team on NPR a little while back and one of the more senior members has spent their career investigating money laundering.

https://www.wired.com/story/robert-mueller-special-counsel-i...

Too soon for hope?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, it also isn't lost on me that Donald Trump owns a bunch of New York City real estate as well. Huh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:

I actually imagine that a fair number of them are appalled. They just don't think it's in their political interest to show or act on it.

This. And I hate it. I hate how having a unified message comes bundled with "You must toe the line."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
jasonwocky wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:

This. And I hate it. I hate how having a unified message comes bundled with "You must toe the line."

Yeah, well, they have millions of Americans to deprive of healthcare to fund a big tax cut for their donors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-jr-counteri...

From another source, confirming that at least two other people were present at Trump Jr's meeting, that were not mentioned by Trump Jr., in his effort to come clean about the meeting. And the 2nd person referenced in the article is still unnamed, apparently. Time will tell who it was, but again, why fail to mention their presence in the meeting, if you are going to come clean about it anyway? Just another case of dripping out only what is required, AFTER being found out.

I'll just stick this here from the other thread...
Elfbane wrote:
The plot thickens!

Turns out there was another person at the meeting

a Russian lobbyist

who is a former soviet spy!

Former Soviet Counterintelligence Officer at Meeting With Donald Trump Jr. and Russian Lawyer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Quote:

well, that's more or less how parliamentary systems work, and the Republicans are operating under the basis of parliamentary politics in a non-parliamentary system so it shouldn't really be surprising because party discipline works

the GOP isn't bad because it forces party members to toe the line; the GOP is bad because their line is atrocious, and the result of decades of bigotry and stupidity being used to justify giving rich people more money and power
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:

He tripped.

No time to read the report - let me guess he shot himself in the back of the head multiple times and reloaded twice - verdict suicide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:

I expect Sean Hannity to cover this as much as Seth Rich.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope Mueller is getting Trump's tax returns as a starting point for this. Follow. The. Money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.