Popular Tags: [View All]
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
Gidday chums,

sorry for the long delay between drinks, I've been working FURIOUSLY to get the Collector's edition of World in Flames ready for Spiel 2017. SO far we are on target and now is the time to fill you in on our plan of action.

If you check out the downloads page of our web site (www.a-d-g.com.au)you will find some medium res counters, maps and charts showing the kind of love, care and attention going into the production of this game.

Before we send the counters off to the printers we will publish in our downloads section two s/s, one containing all the ships in WIF and SiF and the other with all the planes in WiF and PiF. They will include a column which allows us to dedicate the planes and ships to individual gamers.

This will be done sometime next week, a couple of days before we open up here on our website advance ordering ONLY for the WiF Superdeluxe package. The other 9 WiF products will be open for sale (along with the superdeluxe) on our crowdfunding site when we commence that (planned for August).

This does three things, first we can send you all the non WiF Deluxe products now, clearing the decks for our sales staff to just deal with the WiF Deluxe when it is printed.

Secondly we are working on and nearly finished the Vassal version of the Collector's edition and will send that to all WIF Super Deluxe orderers as soon as it is ready which means you will be able to play the Collector's edition even prior to release of the printed game.

Most importantly it gives me the time to put in your names progressively rather than all at the last minute before printing.

To ensure you get your name on a ship (very tiny about 0.4 pt) or initials or name on a plane (initials clearly visible at about 2.6 pt) you need to download the s/s (when its available), check which plane or ship you want (remembering that we go into enormous detail and each plane is individual so telling us you want a Bf-109G is not much help), ensuring its still available (check the Dedication column), make an order, and send me an email to adg@spitfire.com.au with your top 5 choices to ensure you get what you want and the exact wording you want (not too long unless you want it to be incredibly tiny).

Its first in (having done both) best dressed, and then I will put the names on the ship or plane and send you a confirmatory email (or a request for another 5 if your five are all taken). I'll then endeavour to update the s/s everyday with the Dedication column updated so you know which ones are still available.

Then when all the names are on the ships and planes we will send you a blowup of the countersheet with your chosen moniker and when we publish our Handbook of Aircraft and Naval Unit Technical Data we will include the dedications full name so there is a permanent record.

I hope particularly some of the original two thousand WIF1ers take advantage of this offer (hopefully some are still alive!). You guys I owe the greatest debt too, as it was your faith 32 years ago that still sees us here today. If you are a WIF1er (which includes the 2nd edition rulebook) pls tell me in your email and I will put the dedication in gold (you are truly Le grogneur des grinçants).

The other products will be launched with our crowdfunding campaign and we will provide info to you as it becomes available,

Thanks you very much for your long patience in this 32 year odyssey. We are almost there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
Re: World in Flames Collector's edition update
And this is what you get with the Superdeluxe package (in addition to the advance order bonuses above):

1. Introduction
World in Flames: the Collector’s edition (“WiF”) is Australian Design Group’s international award winning strategic level game of the Second World War. Up to six players manage the economies and conduct the military operations of the major powers involved in that conflict, either as a member on the Axis side (Germany, Italy and Japan) or as one or more of the Allies (China, the Commonwealth, France, the USA and the USSR).
The World in Flames Collector’s edition world comes in one of ten flavours:
• World in Flames Rules Set;
• World in Flames Map Set;
• World in Flames Classic Counters Set;
• World in Flames Classic Collector’s game;
• Planes in Flames expansion;
• Ships in Flames expansion;
• Divisions in Flames expansion;
• Territories in Flames expansion;
• World in Flames Deluxe Collector’s game; and
• World in Flames Super Deluxe Collector’s game set.
The World in Flames Rules set consists of:
• this rule book (incl. 2 x A4 builds charts);
• The Campaign & Players’ Guide (sections 24-30 of the rules including scenario and campaign set ups); and
• 4 x A3 full-colour game charts.
The World in Flames Map set consists of:
• 4 large (574 x 820mm) full-colour hard-mounted maps covering most of the world (West Europe & Africa, East Europe & the Middle East, Asia, and the Pacific);
• One 297 x 420 mm full-colour hard-mounted map of The Americas; and
• One 297 x 420 mm full-colour hard-mounted Turn record chart.
The World in Flames Classic Counters set consists of 1600 (12.7 x 12.7 mm) counters representing the armies, navies and air forces of World War II (countersheets 1-6, 24 & 46);
The World in Flames Classic Collector’s game consists of the:
• World in Flames Rules set;
• World in Flames map set;
• World in Flames Classic counters set;
• box & 2 ten-sided dice.
Everything you need to play the game.
Planes in Flames adds 600 counters representing all the combat aircraft that fought before during and after WW II including many new and late-war aircraft and capabilities that fully integrates Planes in Flames with all World in Flames games (AiF, DoD, PatiF & WiF, countersheets 7-9);
Ships in Flames comprises:
• 1800 counters representing all the aircraft carrier, battleships cruisers, subs, transports, amphibs and carrier planes before, during and after WW II (CS 18-22 & 51-54); and
• one 297 x 420 mm full-colour hard-mounted Task Force display.
Divisions in Flames adds 400 counters representing all the independent divisions that fought during WW II (including special forces and elite divisions as well as Guards Banner Armies and their divisions, countersheets 49 and 50);
Territories in Flames adds 400 counters representing all the special corps and armies created during WWII from Territorials to Siberians, to city based volunteers, warlords and even the potential creation of the Ukraine (countersheets 47 and 48).
The World in Flames Deluxe Collector’s game consists of:
• the World in Flames Classic Collector’s game;
• Planes in Flames;
• Ships in Flames;
• Divisions in Flames; and
• Territories in Flames;
for a total of 5 maps and 4800 counters.
The World in Flames Super Deluxe Collector’s game set consists of the:
• World in Flames Deluxe Collector’s game;
• America in Flames game (CS 26-28);
• Days of Decision III game (2 x CS 13 & 3 x CS17);
• Patton in Flames game (CS 31-35);
• Africa map (full-colour 514 x 534 mm paper map);
• Scandinavian map (full-colour 330 x 197 mm paper map);
• Khaki in Flames (CS 40-45) kit;
• most recent 2 Annuals ~ currently Millenium WiF Annual (incl. CS 30, Politics in Flames) & 2008 WiF Annual (incl. CS 39, Factories in Flames);
for a total of 2 magazines, 4 games, 7 expansions, 15 maps and 9240 counters (and a couple of pages of rules!

This is Australian $920 worth of games, kits and magazines and the advance order price is Australian$599 (plus freight), something less than Euro or US$ 500.

Note World in Flames Deluxe games bought by European customers are being sent from within Europe and should face no duty and not be expensive in freight. However we only have limited numbers of the rest of the SuperDeluxe in Europe but will send them to our first customers from Europe and will state on the product page when we run out of European stock.

regards
harry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dolges
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot woot, can't wait to preorder the Super Deluxe Package.

I have an old 5th edition I picked up used, but will be stoked to get my own copy of the latest printing.

By the way, Fatal Alliances: The Great War helped bring me into the realm of World in Flames, so kudos for letting/making that happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Banta
United States
Coffeyville
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the update. That was a great update with lots if info appreciate the time put inot it and looking foreward to the new version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you for your kind words chaps,sometimes this game goes so far down the rabbit hole I question my sanity.

In that regard, an extract of our Handbook of Aircraft specification and production s now available on our website. It includes 2 columns for potential dedications. I will be posting the final version (after current playtester and contributor names have been inserted) later this week.

We are looking at a Sunday 7am Australian Eastern standard time launch for the World in Flame super deluxe (only) which is apparently the most convenient time for America, Europe and Eastern Asia but please check back on our website (www.a-d-g.com.au) later this week for confirmation.

Please check the news section of our website as it gives all the info on the launch, the prices, what you get and when you are going to get it.

Just the 800+ aircraft that the aircraft specifications has technical info for shows the depth of research. It is just an extract of the 1089 row x 89 columns of data the master s/s contains, 39 columns of technical data and 60 columns of formulas that provide all the values of the 846 aircraft (and 414 carrier planes) contained in the 4800 World in Flames counters.

Thank you for your patience and its main engines started.

regards
harry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael K.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Hoe, hoe, hee, hee!!? Zo werkt dat niet!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Harry,

Thanks for all the info. Can't wait for this edition to be published!

One question (or rather; wish): is there a chance that the Africa and Scandinavia maps will be mounted too? Maybe offer this as a stretch goal in the crowdfunding campaign?

I know a lot of WiF players always include these maps and it would be a missed opportunity to not have these maps mounted as well in this super-duper-extra-definitive-Elvis-has-left-the-building-mega-for-certain-final-end-of-all-things-collectors-edition of WiF, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Clevenger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Web site now says this is sold out. Is that correct??. Whoops. I read the whole thing now. Sales start Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
Loodlood wrote:
Hi Harry,

Thanks for all the info. Can't wait for this edition to be published!

One question (or rather; wish): is there a chance that the Africa and Scandinavia maps will be mounted too? Maybe offer this as a stretch goal in the crowdfunding campaign?

I know a lot of WiF players always include these maps and it would be a missed opportunity to not have these maps mounted as well in this super-duper-extra-definitive-Elvis-has-left-the-building-mega-for-certain-final-end-of-all-things-collectors-edition of WiF, I think.

We are not reprinting the African and Scandinavian maps quite yet. There is such a better operational in Africa and Scandinavia using the extra 600+ hexes on the main maps that we want to see whether customers want them enough for us to make the changes to graphics and terrain to get them up to the standard of the Collector edition maps.

The Ethiopian campaign for example can now be entirely fought on the Asian map and its only when you get to the interior of Kenya around Lake Victoria that the African map comes into its own.

So basically if enough players still ant them after tasting the Collector's edition, we are happy to oblige (same with the America Maps for America in Flames).

To add more spice to the African campaign, everyone (even China) have lots more territorials now and a n ifty rule where if you take the minor's capital you get to turn the territorials to your side for free provided the territorial replaced has less combat value than the original. Then the territorials are all interleaved so you can have a German South African 6-2 could become a British 5-3 could become a Geraman 4-3 and finally a British 3-4 all for free provided South Africa changes hands enough times.

At last German West Africa can rise again (Tanganyika having Germany's second best territorial, 5-3).

Same with city based volunteers,a s you can see from all the order of battles we have just published on the downloads section of our web site (www.a-d-g.com.au) China now gets a free Singapore 7-5 Mech corps, all she has to do is take Singapore after Japan takes it off the Brits (C'mon Winnie make our day!).

Whole bunch of new strategies to explore in the Collector's edition.

Check out our downloads section of our website, loads to download now.

regards
harry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dolges
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The family is all here now, just waiting for the man of the hour in October!

Family photo:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
Now that's what I call a first class wiffer Steve, ready for all eventualities, including immortality.

For everyone else not quite so prepared, there are only 5 days left before I have to finalise the World in Flames Collector's edition (https://www.a-d-g.com.au/products/world-in-flames-collectors...) counters (all 4800 of them, note to self pls don't ever design a 4800 counter game again, thank you!) counters for the printers.

So this means you only have 5 days left to guarantee immortality. Check out the Join the immortals blog on our site (https://www.a-d-g.com.au/blogs/news/join-the-immortals) for details.

And after all, how am I possibly going to sink you with my HMAS Canberra or shoot you down with my mighty HGR Boomerang if you're not even in the game?!?

As a final thank you for all those other first class WiFFers who have already ordered a World in Flames Super Deluxe games set (https://www.a-d-g.com.au/products/wif-super-deluxe-package) and got an immortal dedication, you are now all eligible for a second free immortal dedication, just please send me a second email to adg@spitfire.com.au.

This also applies to all future WiF Super Deluxe purchasers up to submitting the counters to the printers on the 20th August (you will get two dedications, not one).

Thanks for your patience everyone, we are nearly there at last!

regards
harry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.