5 Posts

A Feast for Odin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placement of tiles to get Bonus items rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roose Bolton
Norway
flag msg tools
I get that you have to form "squares" and cover everything below and to the left of income to activate it.

But what about Bonus items/goods.

Can i ignore "below & to the right" and just start by surounding the bonus square?

For example Faroe Islands;

Can i suround the sheep in round one and start to collect sheep?
Or "No" because i cannot cover coin income?

Can i start of by sourind the milk bonus and get 1x milk pr round?

Edit; mixed up right/left wheb first posted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donba32 wrote:
I get that you have to form "squares" and cover everything below and to the right of income to activate it.

But what about Bonus items/goods.

Can i ignore "below & to the right" and just start by surounding the bonus square?

For example Faroe Islands;

Can i suround the sheep in round one and start to collect sheep?
Or "No" because i cannot cover coin income?

Can i start of by sourind the milk bonus and get 1x milk pr round?

Yes, you can (and should) do those things! As long as you don't cover a coin prematurely you can place a tile where you like including surrounding a bonus.

(Oh and it's below and to the left, if you want to cover an income square, not to the right.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siddharth Venkatesh
msg tools
The rules for covering bonus items and goods is completely different. You don't need to worry about any squares except the ones immediately adjacent to the bonus good (including diagonals).

So, to get the bonus, you must cover up all squares adjacent to the bonus without covering up the bonus tile itself. By default, this is 8 squares but bonuses can be on edges on some exploration boards.

If in the process, you need to cover up an income tile, then you must have covered up everything below and to the left (not right) of the income tile as well. So, in your example of sheep on Faroe, you cannot cover up the sheep until you cover up practically the entire island. Another example of this is the rune on the home board.

But for the milk, you can cover up the surrounding 5 tiles without fussing about with the income rule. If you so choose and have enough blue/green tiles or silver, you could do it on turn 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roose Bolton
Norway
flag msg tools
Thanks for help guys

So no sheep early due to the "income" coin next to it
Milk can be early

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wimbush
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
You will find that spending some time experimenting with the special tiles on exploration boards really pays dividends. The horseshoe is obviously superb for isolated bonus squares but you will find that the crown can nearly surround 3 at once if placed correctly whilst the horn and helmet are perfect for filling some corners in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.