Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Your future dream expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Rog
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the new expansion called Streets of Arkham, what would be your future dream expansion/DLC setting?

I really enjoyed the outdoor/dock setting of the Escape from Innsmouth mission and would love to see more missions like that.
Or maybe a submerged Deep One location?

Anyways, what's settings are you hoping for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like to see a huge opera house/theater district, something centered around the performance of the King in Yellow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe not in the spirit of the thread, but I'd love to see new locations but not before they really make use of the locations already released.

FFG should really get 5+ downloadable scenarios done.

Sure that this would help in sales of the physical product, as it would help prove that packs have more (obvious) use than just the very few scenarios that come with the set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rog
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marlowespade wrote:
I'd really like to see a huge opera house/theater district, something centered around the performance of the King in Yellow.

That's actually a brilliant idea!!
Imagen all the crazy stuff you can find behind the curtain. surprise

I've changed my mind, I want this setting now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see some otherworldly tiles. Stepping into what you think might be a bedroom and instead getting lost in time and space would be really fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel T.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see an expansion with the Under the Pyramids theme. The app could generate tombs randomly (semi-randomly). I think that a sandbox style "get out of under the pyraminds) scenario would increase the replayability.
Also a Mountains of Madness theme, or a jungle theme with poisoned conditions. Or just wondering around in Severn Valley stressed out by the night to come and the servants of Glaaki with it...
If you think about it mansions and streets are really just a start for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Pak
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really like a mountains of madness setting. There could be outdoor tiles covered in snow with an isolated resort or hotel kind of location (much like in Stephen King's The Shining). That would be really cool. There could even be a new mechanic where being outside in the tundra for too long begins to damage you or drive you insane, which ultimately forces you into the house, only to face off the numerous monsters inside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see a campaign expansion released with linked scenarios. Something with branching decisions and lasting effects, similar to the Arkham LCG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Crane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want them to use monsters that are in Eldritch horror, like a damn giant penguin so I have minis for everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Pak
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Devonmouse wrote:
I want them to use monsters that are in Eldritch horror, like a damn giant penguin so I have minis for everything.

Yeah! That would be great! Like a scenario that utilizes the tick-tock men or the giant spider.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Pak
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, an npc miniatures expansion would be awesome. Probably unnecessary because of how infrequent each individual npc is used...but I prefer having minis over tokens for npcs...what do you all think? does anyone know of generic 1920s civilian miniatures that could potentially be used to proxy npcs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Pak wrote:
Also, an npc miniatures expansion would be awesome. Probably unnecessary because of how infrequent each individual npc is used...but I prefer having minis over tokens for npcs...what do you all think? does anyone know of generic 1920s civilian miniatures that could potentially be used to proxy npcs?

A quick google of terms like 1920s civilian 28mm (or pulp miniatures) throws up a few.
e.g.
http://www.dixon-minis.com/shop/28mm-wwII/CIV1a/
http://wk.frothersunite.com/sc/pulp/Pulpsc3.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Perignon wrote:
I would like to see an expansion with the Under the Pyramids theme. The app could generate tombs randomly (semi-randomly). I think that a sandbox style "get out of under the pyraminds) scenario would increase the replayability.
Also a Mountains of Madness theme, or a jungle theme with poisoned conditions. Or just wondering around in Severn Valley stressed out by the night to come and the servants of Glaaki with it...
If you think about it mansions and streets are really just a start for this game.

As much as I'd love to see things like this or MoM eventually, right now I think that they are best doing tile sets that can be used with the existing tiles and producing more scenarios. Otherwise we'll just end up with lots of (relatively limited) tile sets that are only used for 1 or 2 scenarios.

Instead of pyramids, an underground set (cellars, ghoul tunnels and caves/sewers) could probably be used with the existing sets and still give a pseudorandom tunnel system to escape from.
i.e. your pyramid escape but with New England dirt instead of Egyptian sand!

A theatre tile set could work well - especially if some parts could be used to provide bars/clubs as well as the theatre. Heck maybe some could lead to a Silver Twilight Lodge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Loving some of the suggestion. King in Yellow stuff. Minis for all the Eldritch monsters. Whole shebang.

Hoping for Charlie Kane & Mark Harrigan coming up. They're my Eldritch boys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JudgementDave wrote:
Sam Pak wrote:

A quick google of terms like 1920s civilian 28mm (or pulp miniatures) throws up a few.
e.g.

Shame most of the 3rd party miniatures are in that squat 'heroic' scale. Vastly prefer the more realistic proportions of MoM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
I'd love to see a campaign expansion released with linked scenarios. Something with branching decisions and lasting effects, similar to the Arkham LCG.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I will buy this. I refuse to believe it does not currently exist. Please tell me where to purchase it zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Pak
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
celdom wrote:
JudgementDave wrote:
Sam Pak wrote:

e.g.

Shame most of the 3rd party miniatures are in that squat 'heroic' scale. Vastly prefer the more realistic proportions of MoM.

I agree. I actually found those minis a while ago, but was turned off for the very same reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gage
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:

I've been talking with my group about trying out own "legacy" mode. Going from scenario to scenario and making excuses for why this would make sense in the plot (like bringing Preston along and saying he's finding each expedition, or Joe Diamond is connecting all the investigations in an over arching case, etc). Only difficult thing would be finding a balance. Do the investigators rest and heal between missions? Do they run out of ammo, or throw away that 2 by 4 they foumd?

Working out the rules right now, but I think it's an interesting concept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Helin
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just 5-10 scenarios from the existing stock of rooms please. Preferably constructed in a way that allows some variable room layouts for replay value. Could well range from fast to long and from easy to extremely hard.

Could use the old rooms (from 1st ed & expansions as well).

No other additional stuff needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Solfronk
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
I think it would be fun if FFG would create a PG- haunted house without the Mythos feature, one for kids- think Scooby Doo- especially for Halloween.

Perhaps exploring the Miskatonic Library or campus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McKinney
United States
Kingsville
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would depend on ow FFG wants to proceed for MOM2. They can go the safe route and stick with Urban environments utilizing similar title for easy map exchange or go the more adventurous route and utilize some of the more exotic locations in Lovecraft's stories. I agree most of the tiles need to be used more often, but that is what I thought the DLC was supposed to be for.

I think an abandoned church that has been converted by Dagoth could be interesting, and still be used frequently in other stories as you explore the town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Andersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
As others have said: More use for the excisting tiles via new maps for old scenarios and entirely new DLC scenarios.

It seems there is a bottleneck somewhere that have prevented more DLC from being released. Whether that is because of poor sales from the first DLC and/or an unwillingness to pursue DLC from FFGs side or just technical and staffing issues, is the question.

I really liked the town map(s) in Rising Tide (it may in fact be my favorite scenario so far), so I hope to see more of that in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.