Subject: UK Retail Price rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got put up on the website of the game store I buy from and it is coming in at £75. I liked Hunters, so presumed I would like this one, but that only cost me £45. Not sure I will be handing over an additional £30 for what is essentially a dice rolling game. I'm happy to play those games as sometimes checking charts can be relaxing, but not at that price.

Games certainly seem to be getting more expensive (exchange rate issues I'm sure)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stewart
Scotland
Edinburgh
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gameboard Guru £71.99 I agree with you about price, but addicted to war games

Regards
Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Davis
msg tools
mb
Hi,

Yes, I was thinking the same - this one is a little bit pricey. But like Jim, I find war games quite addictive. Just one more mission...

Cheers,
Derek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mathews
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I brought it at the pre-order price via their importer and it was supposed to be posted over a month. It works out cheaper via the online sites and I could have got it cheaper. I'll not buy direct anymore from Legion games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Mark,

Yes I must apologize for what turned out to be a disaster of red tape and delays the likes of which I have never seen. The shipment of these games was 3x more than my normal, and the weight put it in a class where I used a freight company. Never again will I go that route. By comparison Demyansk Shield was sent to the UK in bulk after TFT and arrived in short order and is in the hands of the customers. I have been doing this for years and with dozens of games and this is the first time I feel like I really let my customers down. So please don't use this as a gauge to submitting a pre-order. But the games are finally there and scheduled for delivery mid week to my UK distributor where they will be dispatched in good order.

And on another note, at least half a dozen customers told me I had under priced the game. There is a lot in the nearly 2" deep box and it's full to the top, weighing in at 3.5 lbs.

Thank you for your support of Legion Wargames.

Randy Lein
Owner - Legion Wargames

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Milis
United Kingdom
Cranham
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: UK Retail Prices
Thats good news Randy,

Good things come to those who wait. Shame about the shippers but it's a learning curve. I take my hat off to you and Steve in getting this game made. As a customer I feel glad I p500 this great game as it helped get the game made which is a massive hurdle from the early whispers of bombs away a couple of years ago. Anyway I'm knee deep in studies so it will arrive at good time.

All the Best,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.