7 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Putting stickers on the underside of figures? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
I'm not a painter myself, if my figures ever get painted it won't be by me, but if I get the opportunity to get them painted later for a reasonable price I'd go for that.

So here's the thing though.. Since they might get painted later, I rather not put stickers on the base.

So now I wonder, would it be a viable solution to place the stickers at the underside of the base?
So that in case there is any confusion about to which group a figure belongs, he could be lifted up to confirm, and it would keep the base clean for any painting to be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't worry about the stickers on the base... they come off easily enough.

No, you do not want them on the bottom... There is only a handful of times that you will have enough of the same type troops where the stickers would come into play. Having them on the top is not only for the Empire to keep track of whom is where, but the rebels as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used silicon bands (those girly 'jewelry' crafting stuff) around the bases before I painted my figures.

Also in Skirmish you end up with multiples of the same more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also seen people use those silicone bands that go around keys.

If they're going to get painted at some point you could just mark them with a marker; the primer and paint will cover that later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Helfrich
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like these acrylic markers: https://teamcovenant.com/product/bases-activations-star-wars...

A bit of sticky tack to hold the figure on works well. I got two different colors and that has fulfilled my needs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
Those covenant bases seem like a good solution and at a reasonable price, but when shipping, import and export costs and all that it might no longer be a reasonable price though since I live in the Netherlands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty
United States
California
flag msg tools
I've just used red, black, and blue sharpies to color the side of the bases. It's particularly simple and easy for tracking. And like boardgamemeltdown said, the marker is easily painted over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.