Hide
5 Posts

Fleet Commander: Genesis» Forums » General

Subject: Genesis arrived in Atlanta--Whats your box layout like? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Sharratt
msg tools
Just got my copy of FC:G with Salvation, Avatar and KS add-ons. There's a lot of stuff to sort into the massive box. Looks like there should be room for everything, but there's no clear guide in the manual on what pieces go with what or where to store them.

How Have you organized everything in your box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton (St. Louis)
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm right with you on that. I'm still working the thing through. I am debating how or whether to keep all the KS exclusives separate from the base game, and then how to also store the original "Ignition" and "Beyond the Gate" sets.

But, if Capsicum were to KS a whole new set tomorrow, I'd be all over it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maad McCarthy
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I applaud Capsicum for putting forth the effort to create a functional insert, but it had to go.

Plano to the rescue!

I ended up chucking the insert and using four Plano 3650 cases. They fit perfectly in the box and leave enough room on the top for the rule books and the side for all the tiles.
Now I am only expecting to ever play this with a max of four players (not 6 with the stretch goals) so I divided everything equally between each faction/color.
Common items ended up in a zip lock in the corner until I find some thing better.

I did purchase the four expansions and they fit mixed in this configuration as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton (St. Louis)
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd worry over the long term of the snap-fit pegs breaking off or needing to be glued after being taken on and off the discs for storage each game. Even new, some of mine won't stay snapped as the two prongs have flexed inward just enough to not snap fully into the disc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
Went the plano route my myself too. I ended up using 3 though. First a 3650N for each of the factions. The only difference from above is that I put all the dial inserts and reference tiles in w/ the minis for each ship type. I used a 3600 for all the common pieces (special weapons, the pirate factions, dice, the stands etc). Finally all the tiles are in one of the large plastic zip locks that came w/ the game. All of it, minus the Orbit board, fits nicely back into the main box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.