Subject: Any news ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
franck Leopold
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've preordered "The Small Hours" on the VPG website (by paying $5) some time ago :

Any news about the "real" order date for these who did the preorder ?

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, your copy has been printed and is off to the warehouse. We promised we would not ship them until 2nd edition DARKEST NIGHT was out, and that has (finally!) started printing overseas. This means, I'm guessing, things will start moving in the December/January timeframe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victory Point Games
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quoting Alan from this thread:

"THE SMALL HOURS, the Darkest Night 1st edition capstone, is on its way to the warehouse now to wait for the second edition of the game to be released."

As soon as Darkest Night: Second Edition game is delivered to the KS backers, shipping of THE SMALL HOURS will commence!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a backer of 2nd edition i'm thrilled were finally printing. I just feel bad for the Small Hour guys who have a finished game they have to sit on for half a year before it begins shipping. I know i'm only one voice, but i would be thrilled for you guys if you could get it even if I have to wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
As a backer of 2nd edition i'm thrilled were finally printing. I just feel bad for the Small Hour guys who have a finished game they have to sit on for half a year before it begins shipping. I know i'm only one voice, but i would be thrilled for you guys if you could get it even if I have to wait.

I would be thrilled, too, but we really don't want to create a mutiny among our very paitent Kickstarter backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind if Small Hours ships while I'm waiting for second edition. I'd be happy thinking that at least someone gets to play with the new content! It's been a troubled campaign with delays and whatnot, it would be something positive.

But hopefully we'll all be able to play it next year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:

I would be thrilled, too, but we really don't want to create a mutiny among our very paitent Kickstarter backers.

You can blame it on me, Alan. ;)

I'm looking very forward to playing too. I've had my eye on DN for it least 6 years now. December will be here soon enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
franck Leopold
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all the expansions of the 1st edition and have not backed the second edition .

Perhaps we still have to wait approx. 6 months before playing with the small hours, but in fact i cannot praise enough Alan & all the VPG crew for editing such an expansion, because they hadn't ANY obligation to do so, but they did that because they (really) care a lot about their customers, so THANK YOU VPG and a lot thumbs up !

My only concern about this expansion : will the texture, format & color of the cards be the same that the ones of the 1st. ed ? I hope so !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
My only concern about this expansion : will the texture, format & color of the cards be the same that the ones of the 1st. ed ? I hope so !

We manufactured them all using the same stock and equipment, so I would hope so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="SangDragon"]I have all the expansions of the 1st edition and have not backed the second edition .

Perhaps we still have to wait approx. 6 months before playing with the small hours, but in fact i cannot praise enough Alan & all the VPG crew for editing such an expansion, because they hadn't ANY obligation to do so, but they did that because they (really) care a lot about their customers, so THANK YOU VPG and a lot thumbs up !/q]

+1 to that. I really appreciate that VPG did this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
, and that has (finally!) started printing overseas

Printing finally started already? wow
I'm so outdated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple TripleCrown
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an e-mail notification today that this capstone expansion was now in stock. However, the link doesn't lead to a page where I can pay the balance. Is this a glitch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victory Point Games
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It is indeed a glitch. Whilst working on the product behind the scenes, I changed one item setting to "in stock" (even though it is not yet so), preparatory for when it will be on sale later in the year. Why this then sent out an email notification for a disabled product is beyond me. >.< But I do apologize for any confusion!

-- Karen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Norse
United States
Felton
California
flag msg tools
Much enjoyed Darkest Night and all its expansions. Tested this edition a bit (lots of fun). And I've purchased both the 2nd Edition and the Small Hours.

How about polling the Kickstarter purchasers to see if they mind releasing the update, since it's available? I certainly wouldn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.