J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I can find almost nothing good to say about FoxNews, their programs, and their web site -- but by Gawd, I love the people who comment on stories.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/14/russian-lobbyist-...

Talk about a toxic environment. But funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got to share one of my favorites.

Quote:
The Let me just say as a PATRIOTIC CHRISTIAN AMERICAN RETIRED MILITARY VETERAN...

I. Don't. Care.

Even if there's a TAPE of Donald Trump Jr. exchanging TOP SECRET codes to the Russians, if that's what it took to keep that EVIL WITCH out of the White House, THEN IT WAS WELL WORTH IT!!!

BRAVO!!!

MANY times in the Bible, God used our enemies for his GLORY!

And I'm CONVINCED that HIS WILL was making sure Donald Trump became President of the United States!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:

Quote:
The Let me just say as a PATRIOTIC CHRISTIAN AMERICAN RETIRED MILITARY VETERAN...

I. Don't. Care.

Even if there's a TAPE of Donald Trump Jr. exchanging TOP SECRET codes to the Russians, if that's what it took to keep that EVIL WITCH out of the White House, THEN IT WAS WELL WORTH IT!!!

BRAVO!!!

And I'm CONVINCED that HIS WILL was making sure Donald Trump became President of the United States!!!

Calling them the GOP "base" is putting it mildly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:

Quote:

I. Don't. Care.

BRAVO!!!

"PATRIOTIC CHRISTIAN AMERICAN RETIRED MILITARY VETERAN" - Trey Stone is reduced to commenting on FoxNews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and throw in your typical quota of "But Obama" and "But Hillary" comments in there, and you have a GOP party!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That one wasn't bad, but it can't compete with this:

Quote:
WHAT FAKE MEDIA ARE SILENT ABOUT:

KING SALMAN OF SAUDI ARABIA REPORTEDLY PONDERING UPON INTRODUCING A CHRISTIAN REPUBLIC IN SAUDI ARABIA AFTER HAVING MET OUR IMPRESSIVE POTUS>

THE TRUMP EFFECT GOES GLOBAL !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
False equivalency runs strong in the GOP, it does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When posting to FoxNews is there a "be sure caps lock is ON" warning?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a quote from one of the deeper commenters:

Can you not see that this was a specifically designed sting operation to catch the younger Trump, which was perpetrated by the Clinton and Obama crime syndicates?

You can't make this shit up. There really are people out there who think like this !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
jonb wrote:

Can you not see that this was a specifically designed sting operation to catch the younger Trump, which was perpetrated by the Clinton and Obama crime syndicates?

You can't make this shit up. There really are people out there who think like this !

There are people who think space aliens came to the Earth to mine gold and made humans as slave labor to do it for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lola Granola
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've seen a lot of people saying that and just wonder why they fail to realize that that could have been easily avoided by just saying "NO" to the meeting instead of "I love it".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

I find the dude with the scope-sighting avatar charming, myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:
dkearns wrote:

Quote:

I. Don't. Care.

BRAVO!!!

"PATRIOTIC CHRISTIAN AMERICAN RETIRED MILITARY VETERAN" - Trey Stone is reduced to commenting on FoxNews.

Well let's decompose that.

Patriotic - As in last refuge of a scoundrel.
Christian - Covers a wide range. Not one of the more pleasant branches.
American - Sorry, decent Americans, I think you're almost certainly stuck with this one.
Retired - Not working I certainly believe.
Military Veteran - I'd lay odds against this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
'"PATRIOTIC CHRISTIAN AMERICAN RETIRED MILITARY VETERAN" - Trey Stone is reduced to commenting on FoxNews.'

Don't forget the homophobic insult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar the Woebringer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, I can't stomach comments just about anywhere these days, I'm sure as heck not going to read those on Fox. I'm convinced humans aren't evolved enough to interact mostly-anonymously on places without strict moderation, and even then I wonder how beneficial it is to be on forums like these. Like, does anything ever get solved? Do I ever feel better after "conversing" on here? "Social networking" is our version of the Krell energy-to-matter technology...completely destructive in the end to our society.

That's my Jack Handey deep thoughts for today...and the irony of posting them on a forum is not lost
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
'"PATRIOTIC CHRISTIAN AMERICAN RETIRED MILITARY VETERAN" - Trey Stone is reduced to commenting on FoxNews.'

Honestly that guy made me think of the 'microbadge' joke. Utterly hateful guy proclaiming "CHRISTIAN!!!" and "MILITARY!!!!!!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
growlley wrote:

Honestly that guy made me think of the 'microbadge' joke. Utterly hateful guy proclaiming "CHRISTIAN!!!" and "MILITARY!!!!!!"

It does so remind one of the parable of the tax collect and the pharisee.

Quote:
He spoke also this parable to certain people who were convinced of their own righteousness, and who despised all others. "Two men went up into the temple to pray; one was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself like this: 'God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.' But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn't even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

— Luke 18:9-14,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

rcbevco wrote:
jonb wrote:

There are people who think space aliens came to the Earth to mine gold and made humans as slave labor to do it for them.

False comparison! Alex Jones subscribes to the serpent-people notions advanced by British conspiracy theorist David Icke.

The late Zecharia Sitchin was never interviewed by either Alex Jones or David Icke for that matter.

So, spin again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
I can find almost nothing good to say about FoxNews, their programs, and their web site -- but by Gawd, I love the people who comment on stories.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/14/russian-lobbyist-...

McConnell : Well.. I didn't expect a Russian Meeting Inquisition

Donald Trump Jr: NOBODY expects the Russian Meeting Inquisition! Our only member was me... me and jarred ... me, jarred, and manafort....

Our three members were me, jarred, and manafort...and Natalia Veselnitskaya....

Our *four* members were me, jarred, and manafort...and Natalia Veselnitskaya...and almost no one else except Rinat Akhmetshin who has ties to Russian Intelligence agencies.

Our *five*...no... *Amongst* our meeting members....

Amongst our meeting members...are such members as me, jarred, Manafort, Natalia Veselnitskaya, Rinat Akhmetshin, and Anatoli Samochornov

.... I'll come in again.

(Trump prompts McConnel from outside door...)

McConnell : Expects... Nobody expects the...um...the Russian Meeting ...um...
Donald Trump Jr: Inquisition.

McConnell : I know, I know! Nobody expects the Russian Meeting Inquisition. In fact, those who do expect -
Donald Trump Jr: Our chief members are...
Jarred: Our chief members are...um...er...
Donald Trump Jr: Donald Trump Jr, ...
Jarred: Donald Trump Jr and --

Donald Trump Jr: Okay, stop. Stop. Stop there - stop there. Stop. Phew! Ah! ... our chief meeting members were me, Jarred, a few russions...blah blah blah. Rachel, read the charges.

Rachel Maddow: You are hereby charged that you did on diverse dates collude with the Russians. 'My old man said follow the--'

Jarred: That's enough.
[Maddow To Donald Trump Jr] Now, how do you plead?
Donald Trump Jr: We're innocent.
Jarred: Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Hannity: Not nearly as bad as Clinton's email server scandal. Benghazi! Screechy voice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Discussing the 7th person and how the story changed again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

7/11/17, Charles Krauthammer: "It's a helluva defense to say that your collusion was incompetent, and that it didn't work out."

Charles Krauthammer on Russia and the meeting and the trump family denial.

Sounds like he's done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And then there were eight people in the meeting.

Eight is great.

There are pieces of eight.

And here are eight time saving gmail tips!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/8-things-you-hate-about-gmail-a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lola Granola
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And I'm sorry, I forgot... which one was the adoption expert?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
And then there were eight people in the meeting.

Eight is great.

There are pieces of eight.

And here are eight time saving gmail tips!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/8-things-you-hate-about-gmail-a...

Who's the eighth? Haven't seen this yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lola Granola
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They are listed here:
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/342200-meet-the-p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.