Le Havre» Forums » General

Subject: Le Havre special building banlist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a solo game of Le Havre and by bad luck drew two cards from the Essen 08 expansion that do not work that well in solo as they are interactive (Picket Line & Tobacco Factory). When I checked on their use here I saw that they were not recommended in solo. I wanted to stop this happening again because there are so few special buildings in each game, and looked to see if I could find a list, but couldn't find anything. In the end I just went through Ponton's list on the link above, searching for words such as "solo" or "remove" and came up with the list below. It would be interesting to know if there is a summary that I missed or any other buildings to consider.

This is all taken from Ponton's list in the link above where there is detailed discussion of each building. Only the first two buildings are from the base game and all the others are from the Essen 08 expansion.

Remove from Solo Game, either because the buildings are intended to be interactive, or because they are overpowered in Solo mode:
014 Harbour Watch; 035 Zoo; 041 Pirates' Lair; 043 Dive Bar; 044 Picket Line; 045 Tobacco Factory; 046 Cattle Drive.

Remove generally (any player count) if you find buildings that encourage aggressive tactics annoying:
041 Pirates' Lair; 043 Dive Bar; 046 Cattle Drive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.