Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Lowe
United States
Hayward
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, I just opened my copy of Terraforming Mars and there was no insert included. As a result the manual and playermats are a bit wrinkled from the jostling that probably happened in the box.

I watched an unboxing video on youtube and they had a nice insert included. Should mine have had an insert? Does it have something to do with Amazon's stock? Maybe it's a return that they shipped me? I noticed CSI is still out of stock. It was shrink wrapped, but they could have reshrinked it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Brazilian version is the same as yours, no insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmbmbmb
Stronghold made the decision to not include an insert starting with the second printing of the game. The original insert was not very good, and most people who received a first printing ended up throwing their insert away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The insert of the first edition did not work (it was crushed by the components or whatever), so they did not include it in later editions. The box should be lined with a sort of cardboard insert, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jennings
Spain
Puertollano
Ciudad Real
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the Spanish edition from Maldito Games and the insert is basically a liner for the box with Martian landscaping. No insert as such. When I can I'll make a foamcore insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering where nearly every insert ends up for me, that would save me the trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Considering where nearly every insert ends up for me, that would save me the trouble.

Yeah, few inserts are useful beyond the shipping process. I think I have about a dozen games that I kept the insert beyond unboxing, and one of those was Lords of Waterdeep that I had to dump the fantastic insert when I sleeved the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy yesterday -- no insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M

Chapel Hill
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That shocked me too when I opened the box, but there really is none. I do think it's a shame there isn't one, but between ziplock bags for tiles and some metal wedding favor boxes for cubes, I figured out a pretty good organizational solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came today and no insert as well. Rulebook was also crumpled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine also had no insert - because of this the contents almost broke through the overly thin box bottom when shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM DEAN
msg tools
Well, Stronghold Games isn't known for box quality. All of their boxes are typically thinner cardboard. I always store them on the top of stacks after the La Granja box caved in. So I'm not shocked to see them skimping on the insert too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.