Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Assume there is no auto-scanner installed and Bones needs to be in his clinic.

So, the Medic must be present and use 1 pawn to successfully treat 1 astronaut taking the Heal Action.

As long as the Medic has 1 pawn in the Med Lab, may: multiple astronauts be treated and/or if 1 astronaut used both pawns in 1 round for a double dose, does the 1 Medic pawn cover all those Heal actions, or must s(he) place 2 pawns as the Medic to treat more than 1 at a time (and therefore not to exceed 2 Heal Actions per round)?

My guess is 1 Medic pawn will treat anyone who enters in that round, but it is not specifically clear...

(If it's Bones, he'd bitch all the way to Spock about being too busy...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The medic would have to provide their disk for each person in the Med Bay. So, only 2 can be healed each round.

Since the medic must "assist" in the action, they must be placed under the action disk of the player receiving the healing. Confirmed with the rules and examples given for actions and assisting. (pg 14)

Thematically, the action pawns represent time. The medic only has so much time in the day that she couldn't treat more than 2 people effectively in the round's period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rent13579 wrote:
The medic would have to provide their disk for each person in the Med Bay. So, only 2 can be healed each round.

Since the medic must "assist" in the action, they must be placed under the action disk of the player receiving the healing. Confirmed with the rules and examples given for actions and assisting. (pg 14)

Thematically, the action pawns represent time. The medic only has so much time in the day that she couldn't treat more than 2 people effectively in the round's period.

Point taken; makes sense...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan is right.
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:
Dan is right.
Thank you.

Ugh, good for you Dan (but you made our jobs infinitely more difficult!)angry This begs the question then about the auto-scanner...is this device able to handle 4 astronauts simultaneously?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Fill
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Antares Rangers wrote:

Ugh, good for you Dan (but you made our jobs infinitely more difficult!)

Still waiting for mine to arrive, but on the basis of Robinson Crusoe:
The correct answer is ALWAYS the one that makes it infinitely more difficult...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Turner
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Assembly KS now live!
badge
Assembly KS now live!
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this rule change if you are playing a 1-3 player game and the medic character is not being used? I assume that you ignore the requirement for medical aid while healing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stuartt wrote:
How does this rule change if you are playing a 1-3 player game and the medic character is not being used? I assume that you ignore the requirement for medical aid while healing?

Stu, see page 19 for playing with 1-3 players:

Begin the game with the Auto-scanner
Upgrade tile already in play. Discard the
Auto-scanner Upgrade card (so that you
don’t draw it during setup).

This means you don't need the medic, but the auto scanner will treat your conditions and wounds. (The auto scanner goes in the Med Lab.
You will always need to heal in this game (believe me...they never relinquish a rule that makes it harder for the player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Turner
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Assembly KS now live!
badge
Assembly KS now live!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - can't believe I missed that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.