Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the subject says. The rules don't seem to indicate the start play changes between rounds. Don't know if this would give any kind of advantage, but it is odd to not see it shift to the next player in between rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Szwanke
Poland
Ząbki
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
There is a action for Thug in one of the buildings (3 Upper East Side).
And it is a printed building from the start. You take 1$ and Horse Head
I think it is only way to get the 1st player marker.

It's upside down but it is on the left side of Central Park

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Padre W wrote:
There is a action for Thug in one of the buildings. You take 1$ and Horse Head
I think it is only way to get the 1st player marker.

Thank You. Makes sense. I have not looked through all the components yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Clark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is a space on the upper east side called the pawn broker that of shaken down give you first player. I believe this is the only way the marker passes unless I missed a job card that could effect that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

At the beginning of the game, what benefit do the other players get for not starting as the 1st player? It looks like a big benefit, made even bigger because no action need be spent to retain it indefinitely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pearson
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming the start player marker would move immediately when the spot is chosen as well? So they now break ties for later in the round? Also, this allows someone to take 1st player - get killed and then someone else would actually take the first player marker from them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe "What I'm Playing Now" Leuzzi
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
www.whatimplayingnow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I had this question during our first play and the answer is under the Ability Icons page for the horse head.

"Take the Horse Head token and place it next to you. You are the first player from now on."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

So no balancing factor for those who don't start with the first player marker? That does not inspire confidence in the quality of the design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
0 hr wrote:

So no balancing factor for those who don't start with the first player marker? That does not inspire confidence in the quality of the design.

You can go to that spot on the board and become the first player (until someone else does). Isnt this the same as most worker placement games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wheeler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well as the game is area control one balancing factor is that the later players (particularly the last one) has a better chance to take an area because they are where everyone else is and already.

Also if you put your thugs and family members out first they are also prime targets for a drive by.

But yeah, it pretty standard Worker Placement / Action Allocation rules really. The first player stays the first player unless someone uses one of their actions to take it off of them (see Lords of Waterdeep, Champions of Midgard, Cash n Guns, Caverna and many more). Are you saying that all these games are badly designed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Szwanke
Poland
Ząbki
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
repthrd wrote:
I am assuming the start player marker would move immediately when the spot is chosen as well? So they now break ties for later in the round? Also, this allows someone to take 1st player - get killed and then someone else would actually take the first player marker from them?

Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.