Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
richard dibello
United States
dillsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
First off, thank you very much for this game, love the theme and the solo options!

Just watched the Marco Video Overview (fourth time) and must have read rule section 2.3.4 "Attacking the Carrier" about a hundred times, and I still need some help.

So say I want to go for just ONE point of damage to the Japanese Carrier (Attacking the Rearmost section of the ship), and I am attacking from Orange zone TWO with one Fighter and Orange Zone Three with one Fighter (which has a bomb). First lets tally the attack dice I'll have available.

3 for the fighter with the bomb - Minus one dice (BECAUSE I have a bomb) = 2 dice, plus one dice because I chose the Attack Action = 3 dice + one dice because I'm attacking with another fighter = 4 dice. (or does the other fighter have to be in the SAME orange zone with me to give me the +1D bonus?) ANYWAY...say I have 4 dice...

Is what I'm trying to roll FOUR OF A KIND (4's, 5's, or 6's) to score my single point of damage on the Carrier? If I come up short with only THREE OF A KIND (again, 4's, 5's, or 6's - (BTW, how is that possible if I can keep on rolling the dice until I get what I want) is that when I declare that I'm dropping my bomb, and get to roll 1 DICE in hope of getting the FOURTH of a kind?

Really would like to do this right because this game seems like SO much fun! Thanks for any help with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is right, you roll 4 dice, and if you want to go for the 1 hit point has to be four of a kind of 4s 5s or 6s.

You can reroll as many time as you wish, but it takes time, and if you roll a 1 you lock the dice and lose 1 fuel.

It looks hard to do, but if you want to do it right you need to take down some planes, earn some medals, each medal gives you and extra dice on all the rolls, once your pilot is skilled enough, rolling 4 of a kind of 6s is easy cake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard dibello
United States
dillsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Ah ha! Better strategy is to WAIT and not try to "Scratch one Flat top" on the FIRST turn sortie! Got it, Esteban. Thank you for the quick reply, and once again, for your awesome game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.