Ninja Versus Ninja» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After owning this game eight years and rereading the rules today, I have two questions that had never occurred to me before.

1) Scoring points states "If the Ninja on a Mission ... does not return to the home dojo by the third turn of that Mission ... the Ninja is removed from the board". Under Playing the Game it states "A Ninja may eliminate an opposing Ninja while in the home dojo or while on a mission." If red Ninja is removed from the board after a failed mission, how could the black Ninja eliminate somebody in his home dojo on the next turn? How would there be a red Ninja in the black Ninja's dojo to eliminate?

2) Going on a Mission states, "A Mission must be completed within a total of three consecutive turns". Playing the game states "A Ninja will either move within the home dojo or go on a Mission" If a Ninja chooses to move within the dojo (for defensive purposes) instead of going on a mission, do you still get three moves? Or, is this considered part of the mission's three turns where you can "choose to move another of his or her Ninjas"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The red ninja (out on a mission) can be removed by a black ninja after reds first or second turn. After reds third turn, if he has not returned to his home dojo, he removes himself.

2) Each mission consists of three consecutive turns, regardless of what pieces the player chooses to move.

Note; you can only have one ninja out on a mission at a time. This includes the neutral zone (it's outside the home dojo).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the help. We had not played in a while and I forgot about the alternating turns (memory lapse - too many games, too many rules!).

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Bailey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to turn the ninja on a mission 90 degrees whether you move him or not. Helps seeing which one is ready to go when he is looking back at the home dojo.

The too many rules/games to remember is my problem too. I keep meaning to make little quick notes cards but I keep forgetting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Life was much simpler when I had 6 or 7 games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.