H Chapman
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
"and so they broke. Again."
Discard 2 energy connector tokens.

If I don't have any energy connector tokens,
is this card ignored or do I have to create tokens??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Robinson Crusoe, any time you must discard and do not have enough tokens you take a wound for each missing token. It is similar in eating and discarding morale tokens in First Martians. I assume it's the same for all other discards as well. Lose 1 wound for each token you are unable to discard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Chapman
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Yes, but here I can create tokens at will by stealing them from working systems, or I might have the ability to get them by discarding upgrade cards. And, unlike Robinson Crusoe, I see nothing in the rules about taking damage for missing items, but I will admit this rulebook has not been an easy read, and I could have missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In another thread Ignacy indicated that there is no "Unfulfilled Demands" rule in First Martians like there is in RC. As such, I don't think you have to take wounds for not being able to discard the tokens.

That being said, I'm not sure if you would ignore this card or you would be forced to steal them from a working system. I am inclined to think (read: hopeful)that, since the card specifically said "energy connectors tokens," that the card is ignored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Chapman
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Actually, since I prefer difficulty in coop games, I would prefer to be required to get the parts if possible, but we chose to ignore the card.

But I felt guilty ignoring the card since we had planned to discard our 2 upgrade cards that same turn during the action phase -- which would get us 2 energy connector tokens plus oxygen filters and CPU, all things we needed to repair the backup farm. So, we sort of had had the part to discard; we just hadn't converted our upgrade cards yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't have what it needs to be discarded, nothing happens.

I like the variant that you must - if can - get this (by ripping off facilities). We can add it into hardcore mode. I will talk about this with my team. Good job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:

I like the variant that you must - if can - get this (by ripping off facilities). We can add it into hardcore mode. I will talk about this with my team. Good job!

Oh wow that's a bit more forgiving than Robinson Crusoe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
indianajo883 wrote:
trzewik wrote:

Oh wow that's a bit more forgiving than Robinson Crusoe!

...Ignacy just had a bad day, is all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.