Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They add an interesting wrinkle, are quite thematic and don't need special components; the boards and rules are a free download from Repos.

Certainly worth a try when using White Moon. The only reason I don't play them often is usually new players prefer vanilla and when they want a change then White Moon is often enough. Black secret is more niche and I've yet to give it a good go for those reasons. Solo and multiplayer-solo the White Moon scenarios just add that extra angle to mess up planning further, with more impact and fun than say altering the position of the portal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin S-D
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a few years since playing with them, but I recall enjoying them.

As mentioned above, they are quite thematic. And they do up the difficulty, which is a nice counterbalance to White Moon's generally making things a bit easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like it may well be exactly what I want! I need something to add to my engraved dice order. Or maybe I just need sharpies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.