United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb

On the map it says to "Roll one die separately for each side. Under the Procedure (1.10) it says "...for each Naval Barrage Unit eligible for that turn."

So for the Commonwealth, do I roll one die for both ships, as the on map instructions seem to suggest, or one die for the Destroyers and another die roll for the Cruisers, as the procedure in the game specific rulebook seems to suggest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I went with once per side, but I have nothing to back that up with, other than convenience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I have always did two rolls for the Commonwealth ships, sometimes I got both, sometime just one or the other, but now question that since the revelation of the rules don't quite match what the on map table says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two rolls. See the enclosed Starter Guide, first page, 2nd paragraph, 12th line.
And
1.10B "... for *each* Naval Barrage *Unit* eligible for that turn." [emphasis mine]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edelrio wrote:
Two rolls. See the enclosed Starter Guide, first page, 2nd paragraph, 12th line.
And
1.10B "... for *each* Naval Barrage *Unit* eligible for that turn." [emphasis mine]

Cool. This is how I always played it but for whatever reason, I took a second look at the particular wording on the Naval Box and started second guessing myself with the "roll one die for each side", sides meaning the Vichy and the Commonwealth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Baer
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Tank Boy,

Roll a die for Commonwealth ship. This is how we playtested.

Sorry for any confusion.

CHB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.