Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Fully painted base game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
anthony
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to share my painted Dark Souls base set. I have posted a few pictures here but there are more of each miniature on my blog:

http://whogoesfirst.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/praise-sun-t.html

Anyway, here are the pictures:

Heroes:

Hollows:

Anor Londo:

Mini-bosses:

Main bosses:

Comments welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Boothby
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey very cool, working on my Mini's right now. Question though: did you do for the gravel effect for the bases? I always want to base my mini's but I can't ever get them to look how I want them. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul C
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work. Really consistent colour coding and professional looking bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the bases I used a stone coloured gravel. I drybrushed it light stone colour and then put a dark wash over it. It was fairly minimal effort.

You could use sand, but you would have to paint it then...

Something like this from Army Painter would look good and is so dark you probably dont need to wash it:

This the Army Painter Black Battleground basing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Boothby
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah, fantastic. Thank you. I don't really like using sand as it seems to get everywhere and doesn't stick to the base the best IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use wood glue and dont water it down. Then gloss varnish once you have drybrushed it lighter. It will be bomb proof

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Russo
Australia
Craigie
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
did you varnish Ornstein and Smough, looks like they lost their shine.

to overcome this I generally do one or two coats of a sealer then a varnish when I want to maintain the metallic shine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On my blog you can see a photo of O&S taken with flash to show they are still a bright gold. They are not shiny and I did not want them to be.

They have been treated the same way as all the other models; a coat of gloss varnish painted on and then a spray of matt varnish.

I could have left them gloss, yes, but they would (imo) look out of place with the other models. I rarely leave a model with gloss; I dont find the light displacement that results pleasing to look at. Personal taste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Sarkesian
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
WOW! That's probably the best set I've seen so far! Pretty close to the video game too! I would love to paint mine, but I shake like a crackhead and would ruin mine. \[T]/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the compliment!

I intended to stay fairly true to the video game but made some adjustments to the scheme where I thought it looked better on a model (for example, the brown cloaks of the Silver Knights looked fairly boring in paint).

I am a huge fan of the video game and mostly backed this project to paint the models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CardboardAnt wrote:

http://whogoesfirst.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/praise-sun-t.html

Anyway, here are the pictures:

Heroes:

Hollows:

Anor Londo:

Mini-bosses:

Main bosses:

Comments welcome!

Sorry to double post, but I do better with bigger pictures.

wow! nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.