United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrabble* had a feature with its app where let's say there's a 4p game... An iPad in the center would serve as the board. Each player would be able to view their own hand of tiles on their own iPhone. Players could select tiles on their phone, and play them to the iPad, where everyone could see.

Would something like this be ideal for pass 'n play/hotseat mode? An Ipad on the table is the board. You can view what's being played there, while each iPhone/Ipod Touch is each player's hand.

This seems "out there", but then again, they did implement VR in this game so doesn't seem so farfetched.

* IIRC, Monopoly had a similar setup, but I can't recall what the phone would be for... your own money? I thought everything was public in that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking that that would be a great setup for a multiplayer, digital game. For me, the big advantage of physical games over digital is that everyone needs to be in the same room and looking at the same board. Even having players be in the same room, next to each other, playing a game, the lack of a central board does not force interaction the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.