6 Posts

Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Winged Knight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

After trying him several times with amazingly good equipment, the Winged Knight's biggest threat is his passive ability. I just cannot seem to do anything as defending is dying, however good your rolls are, and yet his armor value is SO HIGH that attacking is not a good strategy either. And spamming him with magic attack means you'll just die from wounds because you're unprotected anyway. And if you're protected well you'll die from defending anyway.

What is your strategy against this thing? I'm using Rules as Written and don't want house rules, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you give us some more details?
What is the composition of your party (how many/which characters?)
What's your gear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've faced him three times with 3 different player counts and gear.
It's just that getting 1 stamina cube each time you block 3+ damage against him makes him insanely powerful. Especially when he attacks three times in a row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just fought him yesterday.
My wife played the tanky knight, and she had a blue tear stone ring, which counters the winged knights passive ability.
She tanked most of the damage easily.
I played the assassin, which isn't affected by the winged knights ability at all.
I used a scimitar with a lightning gem, making all my attacks magical.

It is an easy fight, if you know what to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frozen Flesh wrote:
We just fought him yesterday.
My wife played the tanky knight, and she had a blue tear stone ring, which counters the winged knights passive ability.
She tanked most of the damage easily.
I played the assassin, which isn't affected by the winged knights ability at all.
I used a scimitar with a lightning gem, making all my attacks magical.

It is an easy fight, if you know what to do.

And win the equipment lottery. Last game I rolled 2 blues for everyone, +1 black for Warrior/Knight. Herald had Soul Arrow but it sucks for defense so didn't use it. Everyone rolled 2 blue or 2 orange in attack too, but physical each. Warrior also had +1 damage to his roll and 1 heal if he stayed on the same node as the enemy. There was a bleeding weapon in the mix too.

That said I'm not a fan of dodging. It's fun when it works but it ain't consistent enough. And can be worst than fully blocking, since you still get the stamina cube even if you take the full damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The key to beating the Winged Knight is stamina management. Many of his attacks are quite predictable, so you can have one player keep him busy and poke for 0-1 damage every once in a while while everyone else catches their breath and makes real attacks every other turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.