3 Posts

Dungeon of Fortune» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leveling up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krum Dune

New York
msg tools
When leveling up do you need to do so in order or can you jump or skip a level to the next?

For instance, if on character level 1 and you have enough xp for level 3 after stashing, do you need to level up in order or can you jump straight to the level that you can spend it on, in this case skip level 2 and go to level 3?

Same question regarding dungeon level. Go from level 1 and jump to level 4,if possible, or go in numerical order if you have 3 stairs at the end of your run?

I bought the game a while back and haven't had the chance to play it. I saw a playthrough from rahdo, which was very helpful and did a quick review and overview of the manual for a quick rundown.

I played a quick 2 player game yesterday and found somethings unsure of, such as the leveling. Overall, I like the game but it's not for everyone. Sucks for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you have to level up and Dungeon level up sequentially, you can't skip levels without paying for them. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greensnake wrote:
When leveling up do you need to do so in order or can you jump or skip a level to the next?

For instance, if on character level 1 and you have enough xp for level 3 after stashing, do you need to level up in order or can you jump straight to the level that you can spend it on, in this case skip level 2 and go to level 3?

Same question regarding dungeon level. Go from level 1 and jump to level 4,if possible, or go in numerical order if you have 3 stairs at the end of your run?

I bought the game a while back and haven't had the chance to play it. I saw a playthrough from rahdo, which was very helpful and did a quick review and overview of the manual for a quick rundown.

I played a quick 2 player game yesterday and found somethings unsure of, such as the leveling. Overall, I like the game but it's not for everyone. Sucks for them.

You have to go in order, no skipping.

Stairs down from level 1 don't end up on level 3!

You can gain 2 character levels are a time if you have enough XP, but you cannot skip (that would be the same as gaining 2 at a time WITHOUT enough XP!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.