Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Odum
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid I'm still unclear on the the minimum required AP that heroes have to spend.

The FAQ says:
Quote:
But a Hero must spend their AP until the first sector occupied by an Enemy Action Token has been reached, as explained to pg. 11 of the Rulebook

But the section of the rule book it references (which is on page 12 of Rulebook v4.1) states:
Quote:
In any case, a hero must spend their AP until the first sector occupied by an enemy has been reached, or until their available AP have all been used.

The FAQ answer doesn't include that final "or" clause, and that clause seems pretty important to me..

FAQ:
https://ludusmagnusstudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/1150...

Rulebook v4.1:
https://ludusmagnusstudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/1150...

Help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuepheng
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The reason this rule exist is to prevent the heroes from abusing their AP and amount of turns they can have. Basically, cheating.

Fake example:
You are in sector 1 and the next closest enemy is in sector 3

You have 4 total APs. You decide use 1 AP which now falls into sector 2. You have 3 APs left, but you end your turn. The clock ticks and falls on you. You get to go again because the enemy is still in sector 3. You now have 4 new refresh APs to use. You see how this will abuse the system? You're giving yourself multiple turns by refreshing your APs.

So the minimum rule is to make sure that you use enough APs to at least get to where the closest enemy is. Same example, you either have to move twice to get into sector 3 or take an action that uses 2 APs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "until their available AP have all been used" is for another situation where...let's say you're in sector 1 and the closest enemy is in sector 6. You have 4 APs and WILL HAVE TO use all of it to get as close to the enemy as possible. The game only requires you to get to a sector occupied by an enemy, however, you can only get to sector 5 with all your APs. This will make it a legal move because you followed the second rule, even though you didn't make it to the enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Odum
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - I understand (and agree with) the intent of the rule, I just don't understand why the FAQ answer doesn't include the 'or use all available AP to get as close as possible to the closest enemy token' part. The FAQ answer leaves no room for that.

My strict reading of the FAQ answer would mean that if a hero used all its AP and its token was still 1 sector behind the closest enemy token, the hero token would be moved (without any AP cost) to the sector with the enemy token.

But that conflicts directly with the Rulebook - thus my confusion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Bernardini
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BuzzStomper wrote:
Yes - I understand (and agree with) the intent of the rule, I just don't understand why the FAQ answer doesn't include the 'or use all available AP to get as close as possible to the closest enemy token' part. The FAQ answer leaves no room for that.

My strict reading of the FAQ answer would mean that if a hero used all its AP and its token was still 1 sector behind the closest enemy token, the hero token would be moved (without any AP cost) to the sector with the enemy token.

But that conflicts directly with the Rulebook - thus my confusion

I go to check this

TX for advice

Luca LMS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.