Subject: How long does customs take? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm importing a game, something I've done a lot. However this is the first time I've ever seen tracking say "Inbound Into Customs". How long does that process take?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Stein
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
DANCE!
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience is with Canadian customs, not US, but it can vary a lot. I've had packages that cleared customs in 15 minutes, and others that have taken a couple months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Not long usually. Our laws aren't really set up to punish people for buying a small thing like a boardgame.

But anything can happen I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
It can vary depending on the originating country as well, much less anything after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said it really depends on the a lot of things: originating country, where it's headed, how it is packaged and described, etc. I haven't imported/exported many games but I have done some import/export for other hobbies. It really just varies and takes knowing the countries custom standards. For example Germany has certain restrictions and value allowable. When exporting I made sure to include the invoice and appropriately described the items included.

That said, in my experience shipping to/from EU has usually been 1-5 days if i were to recall exactly. Though I haven't done a lot to see a "worst case scenario" i suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slickam wrote:
My experience is with Canadian customs, not US, but it can vary a lot. I've had packages that cleared customs in 15 minutes, and others that have taken a couple months.
\

Same with Australian Customs.

I'm going to assume that any major economy will have similar experiences with the amount of trade going through ports etc each year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.