Subject: 1st vs 2nd editions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the most recent iterations of the ASL rules, how does 1st ed vs 2nd ed of SASL interact with these? Should I pass on a 1st ed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh

Both editions interact well.
The only difference between them is the 2nd edition has more nationality charts, few more scenario's, and a handful of extra pages in chapter S to cover all the nationalities..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Probst
Australia
Glen Waverley
VIC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mixykym wrote:
The only difference between them is the 2nd edition has more nationality charts, few more scenario's, and a handful of extra pages in chapter S to cover all the nationalities.

That's not quite true. SASL2 not only covers more nationalities, it covers more options and rules (for all nationalities) than SASL1.

Otherwise, though, either version of SASL will work fine with either edition of the ASL rules (but there's really no reason not to be using the 2nd edition rulebook -- unlike SASL, it's readily available).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BruceP wrote:
mixykym wrote:
The only difference between them is the 2nd edition has more nationality charts, few more scenario's, and a handful of extra pages in chapter S to cover all the nationalities.

That's not quite true. SASL2 not only covers more nationalities, it covers more options and rules (for all nationalities) than SASL1.

Err , I already said that in the last half of my last sentence ..😂
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Probst
Australia
Glen Waverley
VIC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mixykym wrote:
Err , I already said that in the last half of my last sentence ..😂

At the risk of being pedantic ... no you didn't. What you said was that there were extra rules for additional nationalities -- which is true, but is not the only difference between the two editions (which is what you implied). What I said was that there are extra rules, which can be used for all nationalities. E.G., SASL2 has rules for Night scenarios, which SASL1 doesn't.

Hence my comment that your statement was "not quite true". You were 90% there, nothing to be ashamed of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.