Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Ross
United States
Winfield
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really looking forward to exploring this game, once I can wrap my head around the rules and the app. The thematic linkages to "The Martian" and the realities of living on Mars are quite striking. However, one factor that is strikingly absent is water.

I am curious as to why the designer did not include water as a fourth key resource for survival along with oxygen, energy and food. I assume that it was a question of game complexity/realism vs. playability.

Pat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
GuppyGamer wrote:
I'm really looking forward to exploring this game, once I can wrap my head around the rules and the app. The thematic linkages to "The Martian" and the realities of living on Mars are quite striking. However, one factor that is strikingly absent is water.

I am curious as to why the designer did not include water as a fourth key resource for survival along with oxygen, energy and food. I assume that it was a question of game complexity/realism vs. playability.

Pat

In Scenario 'Local Materials' you must get water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Sparks
msg tools
badge
mb
Very efficient in-suit recyclers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
GuppyGamer wrote:

Pat

in some events you get water, but the app tells you to score additional food to your reserves; so I think "food" includes water
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.