Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
42 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Spirit Island» Forums » General

Subject: Please post the final Rulebook! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Wrobel
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the game and am excited to play. I like to print copies of the rulebook for my players but I can't find the final rules in pdf. I sent a note to Greater Than but haven't heard back.

Please post the final rules in printer friendly in BGG! Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there!

I just took a look through my emails (on a weekend!) to check on this, and I couldn't find anything with someone asking for a rule book. How did you contact us?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Wrobel
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply...and for checking your emails on the weekend. I used the Contact Us form on the GtG webpage.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ejwrobel wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply...and for checking your emails on the weekend. I used the Contact Us form on the GtG webpage.


Well, this is just plain weird. It looks like we've been having some trouble with messages from that form not making it to my inbox. Can you just send me a message directly to contact@greaterthangames.com?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we please get the PDF?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul posted over on the GtG forums that it was too large for BGG, and they will be posting it on their site.
https://greaterthangames.com/comment/172849#comment-172849
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
Paul posted over on the GtG forums that it was too large for BGG, and they will be posting it on their site.
https://greaterthangames.com/comment/172849#comment-172849


Yeah anywhere online is fine. Thanks for linking to the source!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like this is still not posted, is that correct? I am waiting for my pre-order to ship from Coolstuff at the moment, but I'd love to read the rules while waiting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
murteas wrote:
It looks like this is still not posted, is that correct? I am waiting for my pre-order to ship from Coolstuff at the moment, but I'd love to read the rules while waiting.


It's on the to-do list. Unfortunately, we're having trouble getting it below the 20 MB that BGG needs. It's going to go up on our website, but it's just one thing in a long list of things that needs to be done right now. :-)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Zev
msg tools
badge
All knowledge is worth having
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just post it in two parts?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Or compress the pdf?

Anyway, I still don't see a rules PDF anywhere...any updates?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to read the rules before my copy arrives tomorrow...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No? Nothing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Until the actual rulebook is posted, I'd recommend taking a look at the PNP rulebook from the Kickstarter. I don't recall any major rules changes between the two; there were some terminology changes (settlements-->towns, hills-->mountains) and a few little things, but it should get you 95% of the way there.

https://greaterthangames.com/system/files/downloads/Spirit%2...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It will come in due time. I don't think it's a requirement they post it and even announcing they have plans to do so period is more than I'd expect.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I posted a FAQ. (No new information.)
Can you post an electronic copy of the rulebook?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonvar wrote:
It will come in due time. I don't think it's a requirement they post it and even announcing they have plans to do so period is more than I'd expect.


Considering most companies do now days, I disagree. I also don't understand how it takes multiple days to post a file. I get they have other things to do, but this feels like it should take 20 minutes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
Sonvar wrote:
It will come in due time. I don't think it's a requirement they post it and even announcing they have plans to do so period is more than I'd expect.


Considering most companies do now days, I disagree. I also don't understand how it takes multiple days to post a file. I get they have other things to do, but this feels like it should take 20 minutes.


Two problems: They tried to post the files and hit a file limit. Lots and lots of things only take 20 minutes and they don't have time for all of them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I get that, but if they are posting on their own website I don't see how it is taking so long. Saying they have other things to do to get ready for Gen Con makes sense but they keep saying "We're working on it." It isn't the kind of project that needs "working on."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
Quick note/update: one part of the reason for the delay is that they're in the middle of making some updates to the rulebook - fixing the few inevitable typos, and (more relevantly) adding some new wording / sidebars in places for clarity in response to questions that have been posed on BGG.

(They also appear to be generally swamped. I'm not super-surprised; GenCon is coming up. But I also want the rules PDF available! :-)

EDIT: If I can manage to get the time this weekend, I'll see if I can convert the eProof file for the rulebook into something actually usable. (Each "page" of the eProof file is 4 out-of-order pages of the rulebook rotated and glommed together - it's set up for the printer, not PDF reading.)
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darker wrote:
Quick note/update: one part of the reason for the delay is that they're in the middle of making some updates to the rulebook - fixing the few inevitable typos, and (more relevantly) adding some new wording / sidebars in places for clarity in response to questions that have been posed on BGG.


Thanks for the info, Eric! It's great to hear that they're improving the rulebook to address various questions. Is there or will there be a list of errata so we can mark up our printed rulebooks to match the revised version?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
MentatYP wrote:
Thanks for the info, Eric! It's great to hear that they're improving the rulebook to address various questions. Is there or will there be a list of errata so we can mark up our printed rulebooks to match the revised version?

Yep - all the rulebook tweaks I know about are being tracked as done/not-done, and it's my intent to post a changelist of the "Done" items once they've finished the iteration.

(It'll be a flat list - I'm not going to enter every individual item as an Errata / FAQ Entry on the searchable site; that would clutter the search results up with stuff like "Fixed capitalization on 'Repeat'" or "Corrected spelling of 'about'". Most of the places where wording is being updated for clarity already have FAQ Entries anyway.)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darker wrote:
MentatYP wrote:
Thanks for the info, Eric! It's great to hear that they're improving the rulebook to address various questions. Is there or will there be a list of errata so we can mark up our printed rulebooks to match the revised version?

Yep - all the rulebook tweaks I know about are being tracked as done/not-done, and it's my intent to post a changelist of the "Done" items once they've finished the iteration.

(It'll be a flat list - I'm not going to enter every individual item as an Errata / FAQ Entry on the searchable site; that would clutter the search results up with stuff like "Fixed capitalization on 'Repeat'" or "Corrected spelling of 'about'". Most of the places where wording is being updated for clarity already have FAQ Entries anyway.)


Flat list is all I'm looking for. Thanks so much!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
darker wrote:
EDIT: If I can manage to get the time this weekend, I'll see if I can convert the eProof file for the rulebook into something actually usable. (Each "page" of the eProof file is 4 out-of-order pages of the rulebook rotated and glommed together - it's set up for the printer, not PDF reading.)

I extracted and wrangled all rulebook pages into individual correctly-oriented JPEGs totaling about 16 MB in size... which InDesign then turns into a 32MB PDF. *shakes fist*

Given that this is a stopgap measure to begin with, rather than uploading to BGG in two pieces or with compression ratcheted up (I tried; reading it got annoying), I'm posting it temporarily to Google Drive here:
Spirit Island rulebook (03-2017 eProof). This is *nearly* identical to the printed version - I know we caught that a big chunk of art was missing from the bottom of page 21, and I can't swear there weren't a few other things, but by the eProof stage we were trying to avoid changing anything if we could manage it - I think we may have noticed a typo or two from those getting fixed now.

[In case an admin drops by and is concerned: Yes, I have permission from the publisher.]
19 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much. I am on vacation this week and the game arrives when I am gone, so I will at least get to read the rules now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.