Evan Francis
Australia
Maryborough
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Bit early for variants I know but having played this a fair amount (a lot) I can safely say...

Instead of dealing out the Mayor randomly with the rest of the roles, give it face up to one specific person and deal out the other tokens as normal (yes, the mayor will get the one that would have gone in the center.
At the end of the round/game, have the Mayor role and the other tokens passed clockwise.

This way everyone gets to be mayor or choose not to be I guess.

Once the mayor token goes all the way around the group and back to the starting person, change to more difficult words.

(also don't forget to increase the number of words you can choose from in the app options)

This is such a simple change to the setup but it helps the game flow a lot better.

Evan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoebe Wild
Australia
South Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
publisher
Cardboard Vault Reviews!
badge
mbmbmb
Never too early for variants! Thanks for contributing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaylee Jayne
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how we play with my kids. That way, no one is disappointed they didn't get a turn to be the mayor and everyone gets a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.