Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In last night's game, I played the Durgen the Fighter, whose Skill Symbol action was to do a Regular Attack with damage equal to his visible Skill Symbols plus one damage for each Weapon in all Hero Areas. This power requires Durgen (or another Hero in the room) to have a weapon himself.

I had a bow that said "Cannot be used by Fighters" (and possibly some other class, it's not relevant).

In this situation, was it legal for me to do that action? I thought it was, on the basis that I wasn't "using" the bow, I just "had" it, which was all that the Skill Symbol action actually said it required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John G
msg tools
I believe the hero you are referencing is Durgen. His card reads,
If you or any other Hero in the same room has a Weapon, deal skill damage to an Enemy in the same room. Deal 1 additional damage to the same target for each Weapon in all Hero Areas. You may additionally boost this attack with magic.

I interpret your play as valid. The weapon is still in Durgen's hero area and satisfies the condition for the action to trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The restrictions on items are only for using them (resolving their abilities). Any hero can have any item in their Hero Area.

As for Durgen, he uses actual number of weapons in Hero Areas, regardless of their holders' ability to use them. Thematically, weapons come to life to deal damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Aronis
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
I believe so, although until I read this forum I had no idea what kind of thematic sense that made (grumble grumble at least put ability names on the cards).

The rule is you can have a weapon for whispers etc. even if you don't get the benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
irondeav wrote:
The restrictions on items are only for using them (resolving their abilities). Any hero can have any item in their Hero Area.

As for Durgen, he uses actual number of weapons in Hero Areas, regardless of their holders' ability to use them. Thematically, weapons come to life to deal damage.

Is the rule for weapons in hero areas that are in the same location as Durgen?

As opposed to all hero areas regardless of where the hero is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.