Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark J
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A few blue cards have a maximum. For example, "Extreme Cold Fungus" says "max -10C".

So clearly you can't play the card if the temperature is already above -10C. But if you played the card when the temp was below that, can you continue to take the action after the temperature goes above the max? I would think that the logical answer is no.

I just buzzed through the deck and found just 4 blue cards with maximums: Electro Catapult (8% O2), Search for Life (6% O2), Arctic Algae (-12 C), and Extreme Cold Fungus (-10C). Except maybe Search for Life, I don't think it makes sense to be able to use the action after passing the maximum.

But is this spelled out in the rules somewhere? Or does anyone have some wisdom to share?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya, you can continue using it, if you already have it down. You just can't play it from your hand after the maximum has passed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popular Culture
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mb
Yes. As long as you played the card down BEFORE the condition prerequisite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you may continue to use the card after the temperature is above -10C. That requirement is only adhered to when the card is played, after that it has no affect on the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
And yes, it's in the rulebook on page 6:
the rulebook (emphasis mine) wrote:
6. Requirement: Any requirement must be met in order to play the card. Some cards require a global parameter to have reached a certain level, while others can only be played while the parameter is still low (see example card). Some cards require that you have certain tags or production. (Note: In order to play the card you must also be able to perform the e ects of the card, see page 9.) Note also that the requirement only needs to be fulfilled when playing the card, not when you use it later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.