Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello wretchlings!

Lacey and Marc will soon be announcing the date and time for our Kickstarter Live session. If you have a question about the game story, rules, expansions, components, or any other tasteful and relevant question about Epoch: The Awakening, we'll give you the answer live!

Please drop in your questions here and we'll queue them up on the show as well as taking questions live.

Thank you in advance for being so impressive. We have the best community. Just sayin'.

The Kickstarter Live AMA event will be streaming live on:
Thursday, July 27 at 6pm PDT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tg Pumpkin

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool beans. I'm all for it.

More importantly....will there be cake?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schultze
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be expansions for Epoch or will you design another game after Epoch?

If you create another game could it be a fully coop game?

Do you like deckbuilding games and could you imagine to create one?

Will there be a anthology of short stories about the island?

Is it possible that the cool flagpole standees from the last edition of Epoch will be back?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual of Orange Nebula
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will future games take place in the same universe as Epoch? How much will that be emphasized?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel E
Germany
Hattersheim
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Omnomnom
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be a novel and/or artbook available?

Will the election for the relic/companion be done before the campaign ends?

Will there be a summary of the AMA to read it?

+1 Will there be a fully coop in this universe?

Will the miniatures have any impact on the shipping date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Norris
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
First off, Marc you rock!! And Lacey, you're super awesome!!

I am currently working on a card game I will be launching on KS in mid-late 2018. I have been closely following Epoch because it is amazing and I can't wait to play it. But also to observe how best to complete an awesome KS project. I have learned a lot already from you guys and I love your community and being a part of it.

I am to a point with my game that I need to hire artist(s). I am getting to a point where not having artwork is starting to considerable hold me back. I have a completed prototype that has been played over 30 times, but no artwork. I have searched and emailed a number of artists on deviant art with no luck. Honestly, I have not even heard back from the majority of them. My artwork budget is in the $10,000 - $15,000 range so it is not like I am paying peanuts or nothing at all.

One of the biggest things that caught my attention about Epoch was the amazing, wonderful, and epicly enchanting artwork! I know Marc used over 20 different artists.

Ok, to my question. Marc, how were you able to locate, hire, and have so many amazing artists create artwork for Epoch? With your experience, I would love to hear your input and advice on where and how a new game creator could find and hire amazing artists like your own? I am also impressed how all of the artwork fits the game and style. None of it clashes even though it was created by such a large amount of artists! Was this difficult for you to accomplish? Did you have to scrap artwork because it did not fit the look or style you were going for?

Basically, I would love part of the live questions to cover the awesome artwork of Epoch and how it inspired your game and its world.

Epoch is awesome CAKE and I can't wait to have it in my hands and on my dinning room table. Great work!!!

Sorry my post was so long. Hope my questions were not out of line. Thanks for bringing Epoch into the world!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are the tiles drawn out of the bag instead of being shuffled up and placed face down on the board? (Not that the sock of happiness isn't awesome, but its a non needed component).

I see in your design blog that you ditched a number of mechanics to bring the game to its current form. Are you considering bringing any of them back in an expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B

Ballwin
Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar to what Daniel E said, will there be a book about what you went through with the development to the campaign to include the initial kickstarter, relaunch, and current campaign?

What's been the most surprising worst and best part of the kickstarter campaigns? What has worked the way you thought it would before first launch? What hasn't?

What do you think the main draw for most people is for this game? I know you've said that community is important for getting the word out, but what do you think makes it stick? Is there one certain aspect, a combination, or are there so many different things that appeal to different people that there isn't just one recurring theme as to why people are excited for this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Miquel
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much feel of creating a story has the game?

dryden191 wrote:

Will the miniatures have any impact on the shipping date?

That's a great question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tg Pumpkin

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gavken wrote:
Why are the tiles drawn out of the bag instead of being shuffled up and placed face down on the board? (Not that the sock of happiness isn't awesome, but its a non needed component).

I see in your design blog that you ditched a number of mechanics to bring the game to its current form. Are you considering bringing any of them back in an expansion?

You ABSOLUTELY should have proposed a "Sock of Happiness" relic in the relic forum of this site. There may still be time. This has to happen. You must make it so!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sua Thov
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gavken wrote:

I imagine that drawing from the bag allows for some strategic tile placement mechanism: you could place a desirable tile slightly farther away from an opponent (requiring +1/+2 movement), whereas a preset one would be a purely random with no player control.

On the same note, I believe the tiles are single sided, correct? If so, are there plans to make them double sided (ala stretch goals)? I think this might provide for more strategic decision making in regards to the tile placement as well as compensate for bad draws (i.e. they have four options to choose 2 from, instead of having to settle for what they got).

Second question: Are there mechanics that disable/destroy tiles or do you consider that to much of a "take-that" element to be included in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your wish is my command. Idea posted on the Relic forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Radho going to be able to do a 2 player run through before the campaign ends. Seriously that will get some more eyeballs on the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B

Ballwin
Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, another one!

What games have been the biggest influence on you personally, on this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wild
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played an early version of the game. It is now quite different from what I played. How has the game changed from the original vision, what did you let go, and how did you keep your vision intact?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alas this is 2am for me, so I will have to catch up with the results of this Friday morning.

Save some Ethreal Cake for us European backers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bree Guevara
United States
California
flag msg tools
What are your earliest experiences of enjoying/being introduced to games and how did this influence the development of Epoch?

What is your favorite game?

An Epoch RPG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you be able to play Epoch with 6 players and what would be the problems in trying to do so?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
+1 for Rahdo. If he did a run through it would raise awareness. Also, since there doesn't seem to be much direct "take that" mechanics then he will probably love the euro mechanisms. Rahdo has also reviewed alot of pick up and deliver games and he is not a fan of those even if the game has "take that".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Bergenstråle
Sweden
Luleå
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lacey, how come you are such a superior video person? What is your background in this field?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tg Pumpkin

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is there a mechanic or something you had to drop for balance reasons in an earlier build that you wish you could have kept? What was it?

Lacey what's your story that got you to be a part of this project?

And lastly for both of you favorite color? Hint: it's orange
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B

Ballwin
Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the other sacred stones tile use?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lacey - how many fingers am I holding up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B

Ballwin
Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How often throughout the day do you both stop to check in on the campaign? Is it how you originally intended the campaign to go?
How does this campaign differ on your side of the glass than from what the backers get to see?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Neidlinger
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Green 1 wrote:
How often throughout the day do you both stop to check in on the campaign? Is it how you originally intended the campaign to go?
How does this campaign differ on your side of the glass than from what the backers get to see?

I'll answer that one right now...I read every comment and every post, every day. I don't have time to reply, as I also get many emails and messages.

The sheer amount of communication is extremely high, and most of my focus is on protecting the integrity of the campaign and the game itself. It's much more effort than I thought, but it's very, very positive and I feel very grateful.

Lacey and I laugh every day at how much fun we are having, and we're continuing to plot out how to share the ideas we've worked on for so long as stretch goals under the new campaign structure.

The backers see nearly as much as we do, although I think it's fun for us to hold a few things back and let the community respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.