Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Admittedly this has little to do with The Solo System itself, but rather the sale of the Solo System.

I put the Solo System on www.thegamecrafter.com so people could play with a printed copy. I love my copy even though I am sure that I payed way to much for it considering the exchange rate on the Canadian Dollar.

Well, I looked on the site today and I found that someone has purchased the game from Bergisch Gladbach in Germany. What is so weird about that is that that is one of the two cities off of this continent that I have been to. I have only ever left the continent once: to go to World Youth Day . It was an amazing experience and this city was the city that we went to the week before we went to Cologne (Koln).

And now somehow, someone in that city has actually purchased The Solo System. That is SO WIERD!

If whoever bought the game sees this, let me know. I think this is so amazing that these two worlds could actually collide. Mostly because I would never have even heard of this city if it wasn't for World Youth Day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Seidler
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chad, here I am! I'm very happy to read your words and that you already have been in Cologne and Bergisch Gladbach. Cologne is my place of birth and apart from my family my big love and I lived there for 33 years until my wife and I decided to get a child and bought a house at the gates of Cologne - in Bergisch Gladbach!

Now I'm very curious about your solo deck and can't wait to try it out myself.

If you ever want to visit Cologne or Bergisch Gladbach again, please give me a call, you will be very welcome at my house!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I am not sure that I will be back on that side of the pond soon, but I really hope that you enjoy the System. I put a lot of work into it and I think it really came out well.

It takes a bit of practice to use it. If you have any trouble, let me know and I will do my best to answer.

After I saw your response, I went on Google maps and tried to see anything from satalite anything that looked familiar. I may have actually succeeded because I saw a street that I swear that we were on when we were there. I am pretty sure I went into one of the department stores and bought a board game there on the left:
[url= https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.9916279,7.1297553,3a,75y,270....] I think this might be the place.[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Seidler
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny! A few days ago I've been there to buy some new shoes! Did you leave any signs somewhere that you've been here (signed a wall, signed an underground seat, robbed a tree ) I could visit or take some pictures for you?

Thanks, I'll let you know if I run in trouble with your system!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Nothing like that. I took a tonne of photos, but I think they are at my in law's house. My kids would love them (Probably a bit too much).

It was a beautiful city! I still remember every house seeming to have a well managed and elaborate garden. It makes me cringe when I look at my own lawn. I spend too much time just trying to keep the weeds out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Seidler
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, then I'm happy you didn't see my garden. Would've destroyed your whole trip! :-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.