United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2017 version of my GM assistant spreadsheet is available at
https://tinyurl.com/wbcgm2017

The spreadsheet allows quick signins; you type the badge number, and it will look up the name, and let you know if this person is registered for the appropriate day.

It also does most of the work of calculating the order of qualification for the semifinals or finals. If you enter the players and their scores, it will use a formula (easily customizable by changing a few cells in a table on the spreadsheet) to calculate the qualification order. If your qualification rules give different value to a win in first heat entered, the spreadsheet can accommodate this, and uses the data from the signin process to determine which wins are in the first heat entered.

It will then use the signin data to prepare most of the event report sheet.

If you plan to use this, please send me an email at andy.latto@pobox.com, giving me your email address and what tournament you're using it for. If I discover any mistakes, I want to make sure I have a way to contact you to let you know to get a new version.

You should copy it and set things up so that it can be used offline now, when you have good internet connectivity. They say things will be better this year than last at Seven Springs, but you never know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andy! Your spreadsheet is always a big help by getting players signed in as quickly as possible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaraCV wrote:
Thanks Andy! Your spreadsheet is always a big help by getting players signed in as quickly as possible!

I know.... it's a work of art. We've been using it for several years and I can't imagine doing check-in without it. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an amazing resource, thanks so much Andy thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew E
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks again. Just had to adjust the tiebreak formulas to account for a first win bonus and I'm good to go. I look forward to another magical year of not needing to fill in event forms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any experience running this on an iPad? Good idea/bad idea?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.