Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have my ships on the entry portal, and there are enemy ships on the exit side:

a) How do I exit? I'm guessing exit per normal (space landed depends on the die)

b) Can I attack the enemy ships before I move? Or must I first exit the portal and then attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wansart Vinciane
Belgium
Charleroi
Hainaut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A) I should Say : NO

p7 rulebook : it is impossible to move a whippet miniature onto a square occupiez by an ennemi shopping miniature

P21 the player controlling the ships uses à movement dieroll That indicate the choses direction of exit fromage the LinkedIn portal...but of spécial dieroll the player place all or part of ship on the exit portal square => impossible because ennemies on the portal

for me - no way - you Must see That like a blocus on the portail during the Time ennemies are on the portal square

B)

No shooting via the portal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lyrilis wrote:
A) I should Say : NO

p7 rulebook : it is impossible to move a whippet miniature onto a square occupiez by an ennemi shopping miniature

P21 the player controlling the ships uses à movement dieroll That indicate the choses direction of exit fromage the LinkedIn portal...but of spécial dieroll the player place all or part of ship on the exit portal square => impossible because ennemies on the portal

for me - no way - you Must see That like a blocus on the portail during the Time ennemies are on the portal square

B)

No shooting via the portal.

According to your answer, it would seem an enemy could block everyone from going through a portal by simply placing one ship on the exit portal. You can't even attack it. Seems game-breaking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François BRUNTZ
France
Belleville sur Saône
Rhône
flag msg tools
mb
ayejae wrote:
According to your answer, it would seem an enemy could block everyone from going through a portal by simply placing one ship on the exit portal. You can't even attack it. Seems game-breaking?

You can attack a ship on a portal but you can't attack a ship via a portal (ie when your ship is on a portal and directly target another portal).

So yes you can block the portal with a single ship but this ship can be destroyed to free the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got an answer from Capsicum Games:

Capsicum Games wrote:
a) How do I exit? I'm guessing exit per normal (space landed depends on the die). Or does an enemy ship on an exit portal block me?
Space Landed depends on the die. Ships directly on the portal square are not blocking the portal. To block a portal you need either to: occupy the entry, or occupy all the squares around the exit.
b) Can I attack the enemy ships through the portal? Or must I first exit the portal and then attack?
You can not attack through a portal. Even Special Weapons do not works from one Combat Zone to an Other (except Vortex Gate). You first need to go through.

So you can go through a portal even if there is an enemy ship on the exit portal. I suppose if you get a dieroll that lets you land ON the portal space, that would be the only time you'd be blocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.