Subject: Asking Sandy... All those lovely dice... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Hawthorne
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
So, getting ready to jump in and fully back OS3, I see that there's two backer options - Hound of Tindalos and Great Old One - to buy pretty much everything, the whole shebang, and that each of these choices include 200 dice in all the colours of the rainbow put of space.

However, I already have everything up to now, and an extra set of glow-in-the-dark GOOs, besides, so I really only need the full-on Onslaught 3 package, the Yothan, which comes with...

One set of 20 dice in any color.

I just want to know if the other dice setts in the other colors are going to be available as add-ons so that We can have complete sets of everything for each faction.

Also, will there be maroon and gray dice to go with homebrew rules using the collectible/neutral conponents?

Yes, I know I don't need them. Really not the point. 😄
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: All those lovely dice...
You can get a set of 200 dice (all 10 colors) for $60 as an add-on. You can also get individual sets for $15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hobbs
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish we could get the set that comes with the Yothan pledge as 2 of each color instead of 1 color alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Hawthorne
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
wonderloss wrote:
You can get a set of 200 dice (all 10 colors) for $60 as an add-on. You can also get individual sets for $15.

Cool!

Thanks, Rick; for some reason I couldn't get the FAQ page to open, but I now see my question was answered there, too.

Thanks for the answer, though! Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Silver" dice are intended for the gray or neutral opponents. I admit we didn't do a maroon set, but since the first edition dice are a different shade of red, perhaps you can use those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Thee Gravedigger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the dice still 4 Claw, 5 Claw, and Skull?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of an additional pledge level at $244, that would include Yothan + all the other faction dice? I know this is more or less addressed in the FAQ, but I already have all the dice from OS 1 and 2, so the idea of getting yet an additional (unneeded) set bugs me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey David. send me the set that "bugs" you. I'll pay the postage of it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loig wrote:
Hey David. send me the set that "bugs" you. I'll pay the postage of it!!

I may end up doing that! I'd rather save $15 tho
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheeGravedigger wrote:
Are the dice still 4 Claw, 5 Claw, and Skull?

we're not changing the mold. Just the plastic color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say... I don't understand the dice quantities. It's so excessive. And not in the beautiful excessive way of the huge minis CW is known for. It's simply more dice than you'll ever need. Seriously, how often are you rolling 20 dice per side in a combat?! I really wish there were an option for getting 6 or 8 of each color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hobbs
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
I have to say... I don't understand the dice quantities. It's so excessive. And not in the beautiful excessive way of the huge minis CW is known for. It's simply more dice than you'll ever need. Seriously, how often are you rolling 20 dice per side in a combat?! I really wish there were an option for getting 6 or 8 of each color.

As I said earlier, I'd really like a 20 pack with 2 of each color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I would just like to say thanks to PG for being awesome.

Petersen Games adapted quickly to the interest people had in the faction combat dice and added them to OS3 at the last minute (or did a good job acting like it wasn't planned). It's a pleasant surprise either way.

Considering that the game comes with smaller, pipped D6s, any kind of combat dice are an indulgence. These are an extra-indulgent upgrade to that. PG has done something really awesome by letting people get one set of custom dice this time around, so everybody's covered: semi indulgent gamers and extra indulgent gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:

8 dice for each of the 10 colors is 80 dice. 80 dice is 4 packs of 20 dice, which would cost $60. Buy the 200 dice pack for $60 and give away your extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Aetheros wrote:
I would just like to say thanks to PG for being awesome.

Petersen Games adapted quickly to the interest people had in the faction combat dice and added them to OS3 at the last minute (or did a good job acting like it wasn't planned). It's a pleasant surprise either way.

Considering that the game comes with smaller, pipped D6s, any kind of combat dice are an indulgence. These are an extra-indulgent upgrade to that. PG has done something really awesome by letting people get one set of custom dice this time around, so everybody's covered: semi indulgent gamers and extra indulgent gamers.

It was pretty last minute...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Thee Gravedigger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy, I didn't think you would, but I was double checking, because the photos only show the one claw side, not both claw sides.

The dice make excellent Shadowrun dice, because you've got the Skull for the Glitch, the claws for successes, and if you've pre-edged, you check if any of the claws are extra mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.