Subject: Good News! - For the Russians rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/electronic-voting-machin...

Article lays out the possibilities that many of our states are vulnerable to outright voting manipulation. Odd to know that, out of all the election systems out there, the best, and likely most reliable is simple paper ballot, fed into an optical scanner to record the vote. If there are discrepancies, the actual paper ballot can be reconciled against the scanner count.

And don't think the Russians are not well aware of this. Given the Trump Adminstrations lax attitude on combatting this, I suggest that they may, at some point, succeed in doing exactly what the article discusses, namely, changing the vote counts, to reflect what the Russians want for an outcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, instead, our election integrity commission is wasting our money looking for a way to declare that, actually, Trump won the popular vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Crazy, isn't it? Computers/mobile devices/massive servers -- they were all supposed to fix all the problems facing events like elections, where there was so much paperwork and records that had to be checked. You'd think we'd learn that everything comes with issues.

Personally, I like the paper ballot being optically scanned. That's what us ignorant, redneck Okies use, and I can't figure out one way to trip them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Crazy, isn't it? Computers/mobile devices/massive servers -- they were all supposed to fix all the problems facing events like elections, where there was so much paperwork and records that had to be checked. You'd think we'd learn that everything comes with issues.

Personally, I like the paper ballot being optically scanned. That's what us ignorant, redneck Okies use, and I can't figure out one way to trip them up.

We have human beings manually counting. The error rate is the lowest of any system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
We have human beings manually counting. The error rate is the lowest of any system.

Yep, here too. Manual counts with observers from the electoral commission and all parties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.