Specter Ops» Forums » General

Subject: Random rule clarification questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Nairb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These have all come up for us

1. Is it possible to trap the agent? The agent can't move through hunters and we had a game where in round 6 we pinned the agent into a corridor where he couldn't get out without moving through us.

2. If the agent is spotted by The Gun, and then spotted by another hunter on the same Agent turn, does The Gun still get to make a quick draw attack? In our game, the agent passed by two hunters one after the other, and the last seen token was placed in front of the second hunter (not The Gun) and was not in view of the gun. If he still gets to make a quick draw attack, is it from the last seen marker, or from a different spot where the gun last would have last seen the agent?

If The Beast moved 5 spaces and landed on the same space as the agent, can he still roll for a Brutal Strike to potentially deal 2 damage?

If you roll a 1 on Brutal Strike, does it still deal 1 damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iamadoorknob wrote:
1. Is it possible to trap the agent? The agent can't move through hunters and we had a game where in round 6 we pinned the agent into a corridor where he couldn't get out without moving through us.

Sure. Of course, it's not so easy, but the rules are clear.

Quote:
2. If the agent is spotted by The Gun, and then spotted by another hunter on the same Agent turn, does The Gun still get to make a quick draw attack?

I think only if the Last Seen marker is in LOS of The Gun. If the Last Seen marker is not in LOS of The Gun, then you won't even know if The Gun spotted the agent.

Quote:
If The Beast moved 5 spaces and landed on the same space as the agent, can he still roll for a Brutal Strike to potentially deal 2 damage?

I assume you mean "Brutal Strength": "When the Beast ends his movement sharing a space with the agent, roll a die. On a result of 5+ the agent loses 1 HP."

Sure, of course this applies if you moved 5 spaces. Why not?

Quote:

I'm stumped by this question. How could a roll of 1 be considered to be 5+?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jędrzej Jarocki
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
Sci-fi theme makes every game better.
badge
DEATH FROM ABOVE
mbmbmbmbmb
2.Q. Will the Gun get to use quick draw if the agent was spotted by the Gun but did not leave their last seen token in LOS of the Gun?
A. Yes, as long as the Gun spotted the agent, she gets the opportunity to deal damage. The agent will announce that he/she was spotted by the Gun. The Gun will need to roll equal to or greater than the distance to the last seen marker. Thematically, the last seen marker is not where the Gun is aiming, but just as a measure of the difficulty of the shot.

From FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iamadoorknob wrote:

I guess if the agent were down in A32, and hunters were in A31 and B31, the agent is blocked and cannot move. This will end badly for the agent. devil

iamadoorknob wrote:
2. If the agent is spotted by The Gun, and then spotted by another hunter on the same Agent turn, does The Gun still get to make a quick draw attack? In our game, the agent passed by two hunters one after the other, and the last seen token was placed in front of the second hunter (not The Gun) and was not in view of the gun. If he still gets to make a quick draw attack, is it from the last seen marker, or from a different spot where the gun last would have last seen the agent?

I believe you still have to announce the The Gun's sight line was crossed as well, and she gets her free shot to that point (not the final location of the token). That's how I play it anyways.

iamadoorknob wrote:

Edited to add: DON'T LISTEN TO ME - LISTEN TO DAVID.
My understanding is that the automatic 1 damage for landing on the agent is voided by moving 5, but the roll for Brutal Strike is still in play, just only to deal 1 damage. But I'm not sure that jives with this thread, which the designer weighed in on (it's not about your specific question): Question about The Beast's Brutal Strength

iamadoorknob wrote:

Definitely yes, per the link above (unless the beast moved five). (Edited to add) - you still get the 1 automatic damage for landing on the spot with the Agent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tarrkid wrote:
My understanding is that the automatic 1 damage for landing on the agent is voided by moving 5

No, it's not. Quadripedal Move says just the opposite, if you move 5 then you can attack an agent in your space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
tarrkid wrote:
My understanding is that the automatic 1 damage for landing on the agent is voided by moving 5

No, it's not. Quadripedal Move says just the opposite, if you move 5 then you can attack an agent in your space.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.